Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Could simply be a weakened or even collapsed shock - if it's the latter , you can easily test that by pushing each corner of the car down ( makes sure it's on a part of the frame which you can't put a dent in ) and if one of those four tries feels really different than the rest in terms of firmness or bounce-back, you have a bad shock . The reason I bring that up is the " low rider " comment ; a collapsed shock will likely manifest itself in that kind of symptom . Of course, if not a shock , a bunch of other components in the suspension can cause that , from broken bushings to loose bolts at the control arms connections, etc.. Believe it or not even though it's a Maserati, many repair chain shops like Midas can put it up on a hoist and check all that out for you at no cost . They won't be able to fix it, but at least you'll narrow down what it is that's wrong .

·
Registered
692 Posts
sometimes when there's a suspension problem, the skyhook valves stay open and it's like the shocks are blown. I'd suspect a disconnected wire somewhere or a bad vertical acceleration sensor. I've gotten that error a ton of times, but it's always come with the abs light because it was a bad (cut wire) wheel speed sensor (in the hub).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Try steps below for cancelling green wrench...saw elsewhere and not had chance to try myself yet.

1. Before starting, make sure that the odometer is not on one of the trip mileage odometers but is displaying the standard odometer.

2. With the car off, press and hold down the odometer reset button. While still holding it, start the car.

3. The light should continue to blink for a couple seconds and than disappear. That will reset the light for another 5,000 miles.

4. The following are steps to change the interval in which the maintenance required light comes on. Right after you turn on the ignition while holding the reset button, you'll notice that the odometer display will show 5 bars. Each bar corresponds to a 1,000 miles. As each bar disappears, the interval will increase (0 bars = 5k, 1 bar = 4k). Release the reset button at the interval you desire.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Can't see how that works? There is no odometer reset button (unless someone wants to show me otherwise!)

C

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reading through quite a few posts on different threads here it seems the failure of the passenger seat to roll-forward on tilt is a fairly common issue with these cars ( including mine ) . One or two members have successfully fixed that problem using the reset method described in the manual , but others ( again, including my car ) haven't been that lucky. I have a service appointment at the dealer in a couple of weeks and will find out what the problem is , but wondering if anyone knows what exactly is causing this ; is it a module in the seat track or some other mechanical or electrical part ? All the other seat position adjustment functions work fine , only this feature is apparently impacted , and it also looks like it happens only with the passenger seat. A member who just bought a '17 GT and posted an intro , also mentioned this same problem . So ..is this a component epidemic failure ?
I have this exact problem on a GT I bought last week. It looks like a simple problem but I'd like to ask you if you found a simple fix to this or how did you do with the dealer ($)?

Thanks!

Ed

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Fortunately for me the car was still under warranty when the dealer fixed this issue so there was no cost involved . But the service manager said that it required " just re-programming " . I did not ask for a further explanation as to what that entailed, because the way he said it it sounded like it was a rather simple process - maybe they just hook it up to the computer and reset the function.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fixed!

Note to anyone with the problem:
Yo have to follow the procedure exactly as described.
Key in ignition on OFF position
Open right door
Within 5 seconds: Move the seat fwd/back/fwd/back (not all the way, just a moment on each way)
IMMEDIATELY fold the seatback forward
Allow the seat to complete two cycles of back/forth

It works. Only if done as described.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fixed!

Open right door
Within 5 seconds: Move the seat fwd/back/fwd/back (not all the way, just a moment on each way)

"Allow the seat to complete two cycles of back/forth" Do you mean do it manually again or it will move back and forth by itself? for two cycles?
Maybe a
video for us? Thanks!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
"Allow the seat to complete two cycles of back/forth" Do you mean do it manually again or it will move back and forth by itself? for two cycles?
Maybe a
video for us? Thanks!!!!
The seat will move back and forth itself. Then it should return to the position it started from.

C

·
Registered
462 Posts
Fixed!

Open right door

I am able to do the procedure successfully (at the end the seat moves backwards and forwards twice on its own) but it still does not fix my problem. When I fold the seatback the seat moves forward a tiny amount then immediately moves back the same tiny amount. I was told by the workshop that there is a control unit for the seat that needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a 2013 GTS w skyhook and the suspension light just came on with the message "check suspension" and the car is riding extremely rough like a low rider. Any ideas what to look for or test to determine issue?
Don't know if yours was fixed but mine did the same - dealer replaced suspension ECU as it was faulty.

Did not yet do a lot of driving but will probably do a bit over the weekend to see how it holds up

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Not my car, but my friend's 2012 MC ( U.S. ) ; thought I'd convey the story just in case others experience this symptom : occurs sporadically for the last six months , maybe once in every twenty drives, but in automatic " D " mode it fails to shift by itself out of second into third gear. The problem can be overridden using the paddle shift , which works fine every time , but that's obviously not an acceptable solution so he took the car to the local Ferrari / Maserati dealer for trouble shooting. After about 30 minutes the service manager informed his they suspect its a failing " acceleration sensor " but there is no way to tell which one, and since they're supposedly inside the wheel hubs ( huh ?! ), the replacement is very expensive : $ 2,000 FOR EACH SENSOR part cost, and don't even ask about the number of labor hours for the job which will be added to that . Somehow he kept his wits about him and asserted that in his mind it's more probable there is a electronic glitch with the transmission module which shifts the gears, and can they test that somehow, trying to fix what may be a lot cheaper than the sensor job ? They agreed that could be a plausible cause also, so they reset ( i guess that's the correct terminology ) the transmission computer to the original factory default and advised him it " everything looks ok " but time will tell if it was a fix, or if he'll experience this issue again. One hour charge ( $ 200 ) later he drove away, with the car acting and shifting as it should, though since this symptom seemingly happens only intermittently, he's just keeping his fingers crossed for now...

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Only sensors in the hub AFAIK are the ABS sensors. Those parts are expensive, but that still sounds a bit OTT.

There is a link between the ABS and the gearbox TCU, but again, this sounds tenuous.

Perhaps Jason will chip in.

Cheers

C

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Update : later on that day the car acted up again , as it did the first half of the following day, but then the rest of the time and entire week after that it's been shifting perfectly, just as it should .. so maybe the transmission computer took just a little bit of time to fully adjust itself to normal ..

4,687 Posts
Probably needs it's own thread first off. I have no idea WTF the dealer is talking about..You have acceleration sensors located on the car and they are not 2K$...I pretty much knew a reset was not gonna fix that...I don't have much advice on that one as what he has going on is real hard to fix via the internet..I just know I wouldn't let that place do it...sorry...Jason

·
Registered
101 Posts
DSGT: I am a "mechanical" guy, not a "computer" guy. Jason will be the best source for comments on this. However, the failure to shift out of 2nd and the ability to override this with the paddles is also a symptom of the "suspension failure", etc series of codes that can appear on startup and then go away after a second restart. My friend, the service manager at Continental Auto Sports pointed me to the startup process outlined in the thread about the "engine tick", as a way to not encounter this electrical problem.

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
I'll advise him to take it to a reputable independent shop for a full diagnostic, clearly the dealer ( it's primarily a Ferrari dealer but they also sell and service Maseratis , Aston Martins and Bentleys ) has no clue what the hell they're doing , at least as far as the MC is concerned . There are several independent Maserati mechanics places in the greater Los Angeles area which have excellent ratings so he'll be better off with one of those ..
And I'll check out that thread for the startup process , in case my car ever has similar symptoms ..

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd love to revisit the LED bulb scenario. There are so many options available now, it would be great to know specifically which bulbs someone bought (which website). Many size variations etc.
Most interested in all the interior lighting first including trunk.
Puddle and License plates next.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts