Maserati Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
To clarify the LED bulb issue on our cars
1. Front dome takes 194's 3 of them (168 is interchangeable with 194)
2. Each rear dome takes a 6418 (35/36mm festoon)
3. Glove box take 1 168/194
4. L & R footwells takes 1 168/194
5. Trunk takes 1 194/168
Therefore, you can simply go to your local Advance auto parts and get the good stuff, Sylvania Zevo 6000k super brights
to be clear, you will need 7 - 168/194's
2 - 6418 (35/36mm festoon) $100 for interior lighting.

Should have been this way from the factory in 2016.

·
Premium Member
2013 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
329 Posts
Reading through quite a few posts on different threads here it seems the failure of the passenger seat to roll-forward on tilt is a fairly common issue with these cars ( including mine ) . One or two members have successfully fixed that problem using the reset method described in the manual , but others ( again, including my car ) haven't been that lucky. I have a service appointment at the dealer in a couple of weeks and will find out what the problem is , but wondering if anyone knows what exactly is causing this ; is it a module in the seat track or some other mechanical or electrical part ? All the other seat position adjustment functions work fine , only this feature is apparently impacted , and it also looks like it happens only with the passenger seat. A member who just bought a '17 GT and posted an intro , also mentioned this same problem . So ..is this a component epidemic failure ?
Mine does this as well I just thought the passenger seat didn’t move fwd and you had to do it manually by bending down and sliding it. Please let me know if you hear anything.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Fixed!

Note to anyone with the problem:
Yo have to follow the procedure exactly as described.
Key in ignition on OFF position
Open right door
Within 5 seconds: Move the seat fwd/back/fwd/back (not all the way, just a moment on each way)
IMMEDIATELY fold the seatback forward
Allow the seat to complete two cycles of back/forth

It works. Only if done as described.
this is like the old Contra game. Up up left right left right B A start?
Haha.

just to clarify. You sit in the passenger and use the auto back and forth. Then fold the seat forward by pushing the latch to fold the seat up to get in the back? When you say 2 cycles, I assume that is manual cycles. You physically push fwd, back, unlatch push fwd and then back again.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
983 Posts
I think I might be the only one that will get the "Contra" reference.....:cool:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Fixed!

Note to anyone with the problem:
Yo have to follow the procedure exactly as described.
Key in ignition on OFF position
Open right door
Within 5 seconds: Move the seat fwd/back/fwd/back (not all the way, just a moment on each way)
IMMEDIATELY fold the seatback forward
Allow the seat to complete two cycles of back/forth

It works. Only if done as described.
Ok I have tried. Just to make sure, when you say key in off position, that is fully back to where you can remove if you wanted? Also, when you fold the seat fwd, does it start moving right away for you or did you have to do anything else? Mine is not cooperating. Has to be user error but not sure where i am messing up damnit.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Ok I have tried. Just to make sure, when you say key in off position, that is fully back to where you can remove if you wanted? Also, when you fold the seat fwd, does it start moving right away for you or did you have to do anything else? Mine is not cooperating. Has to be user error but not sure where i am messing up damnit.
Should start moving right away.

C

·
Registered
3 Posts
1) The buttons appear to have a limited lifespan. At least one other user has reported issues, and fixed by replacing steering wheel. It's possible it's the clockspring, but not clear as yet
2) Pass
3) Sure your car has blue tooth? The early ones were an optional.

C
Any idea how much a steering wheel costs. My sticky buttons all stopped working. Knowing maserati I bet its as much as 2k. My mercedes was about 1500.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Yeah that's going to be the ballpark I suspect.

But you don't need a new one for that.

C

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Any idea how much a steering wheel costs. My sticky buttons all stopped working. Knowing maserati I bet its as much as 2k. My mercedes was about 1500.
You can replace all of the buttons without having to replace the entire steering wheel. If you do decide to replace the steering wheel, DO NOT buy one directly from Maserati. They will charge as much as $4k for one. Take a look at Scuderia Car Parts (about $2k) or look on eBay for a used steering wheel.

Scuderia Car Parts

What steering wheel do you have? Is it all black or is it a custom Maserati steering wheel?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts