Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sticky is for people to post issues and their remedies commonly found on the GranTurismo series cars.

Please feel free to post common problems, repairs, and links to other threads that address common issues.

Please use the post title box when posting to identify what your post is about.

Please do not post questions or uncommon problems. That way we can keep this thread clean and user friendly as a place to quickly reference answers to frequently asked questions.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Coolant hose

Small hose under car cracks and causes all the coolant to suddenly leak. Happened to my car and seems to be a well known and documented issue. 2008 4.2 GT. Remedy was to replace the small hose, which wasn't costly but the problem is actually getting there and reaching the hose. It will cost a good few hours in labor.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Coolant hose

Small hose under car cracks and causes all the coolant to suddenly leak. Happened to my car and seems to be a well known and documented issue. 2008 4.2 GT. Remedy was to replace the small hose, which wasn't costly but the problem is actually getting there and reaching the hose. It will cost a good few hours in labor.
Happened to my 09 4.2 last year. Left me stranded on the side of the road with a plume of smoke and gallons of coolant all over the ground. Part was like $7, labor was $1000+. They had to drop the transmission to reach the hose.

I was told that coolant only flows through that hose when the thermostatic switch opens up allowing the transmission cooler to lower the transmission fluid temperature. So you could be driving with that hose cracked for quite a while and not realize it unless you start doing a lot of shifting and get the transmission hot. I just hope the new hose is "updated" in some way to prevent that from happening again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dreeded Green Wrench

Hi Guys
I live on Maui and no dealer here. $900 to have a guy flown in!
I Got the Dreeded Green Wrench blinking and was wondering is there any way to clear it without the dealer??? (Yes I tried the search box.) Secret hand shake, Voodoo sequence of button pushes??
Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Green Wrench

Reset the clock in the dash display to the prior year (i.e. 2014). The wrench will go away. The service reminder icon is tripped by the calendar dates. The only price you pay is the dash display has the wrong day of the week. The car doesn't know which year it is.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Green Wrench

Reset the clock in the dash display to the prior year (i.e. 2014). The wrench will go away. The service reminder icon is tripped by the calendar dates. The only price you pay is the dash display has the wrong day of the week. The car doesn't know which year it is.
Hey DWR thanks soo much! I knew there must be a way! You saved me $900. Anytime you're in Maui I'll buy you a Mai Tai!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hawaii: It was my pleasure. I just love the Gran Turismo S, but these are some of the things we have to put up with on modern cars. Glad I was able to help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Green Wrench

Aaron: You can only go back so many years in the car's computer. I have tried going back far enough to get the day of the week correct, but the computer did not recognize a year that far in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Green Wrench

We have a 2013 GT Sport and have not driven it this year yet, do all the models have the same green wrench light quirk ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Green Wrench

Jay: I do not know what models this works on. All I do know is that it works on my 2014. I just reset the year to 2014 again this weekend, so the car thinks it is still January 2014. I do all my own service, and inspect things often, so I do not need reminders.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Green Wrench

DWR46 it worked like a charm on my 2009. You go to Menu then configuration then change the year and the next time you turn the car back on the green wrench will be gone!
Thanks again. This should go into the Stickie section don't you guys think?

·
Registered
444 Posts
BULB SIZES AND PART #s

3 Dome Lights- Blade style Sylvania 10w w668 (I can't even find on Sylvania site, but have found its considered a 194 wedge)

Rear Dome- Festoon (torpedo) Style- GE 7546F 35/36mm

License Plate- Festoon Style 37R 12v 5w (no other identifiers)

Trunk and Puddle Lights- Blade Style OSRAM w5w 2n5

Hope this helps anyone else interested in upgrading their interior lighting to LED or simply replacing a blown bulb.

~Chaz

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks for the part #'s for the bulbs ........ are these all LED bulbs that you listed ?
I see you have '13 GT Sport as I do..... I'm curious what kind of bulbs they put in the '13 models

·
Registered
444 Posts
The part numbers I listed are the actual bulbs in my car currently. This way you dont have to take apart your car before ordering. When you order the LEDs just get the LED equivalent of those part#s. Be sure that the license plate and reverse lights are CANBUS so it doesnt throw an error. I dont beleive the interiors need to be but not certain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
3 Dome Lights- Blade style Sylvania 10w w668 (I can't even find on Sylvania site, but have found its considered a 194 wedge)

Rear Dome- Festoon (torpedo) Style- GE 7546F 35/36mm

License Plate- Festoon Style 37R 12v 5w (no other identifiers)

Trunk and Puddle Lights- Blade Style OSRAM w5w 2n5

Hope this helps anyone else interested in upgrading their interior lighting to LED or simply replacing a blown bulb.

~Chaz
The rear dome lights and license plate lights are both 12V 36mm C5W festoons. The front dome has 3 12V T10 W5W bulbs. The reverse driving light and front fog lights are also 12V T10 W5W. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't been able to open the floor lights and puddle lights yet. I find it difficult.

AFAIK all lights can be replaced with LED without errors except for the license plate lights and front parking lights unless you clip resistors on the wires (in parallel!).

·
Registered
444 Posts
The foot well light was a complete PITA due to the bending and body position needed to see and pry but it finally popped out and its another W5W bulb. My puddle lights popped with ease.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The foot well light was a complete PITA due to the bending and body position needed to see and pry but it finally popped out and its another W5W bulb. My puddle lights popped with ease.

Can you describe in detail how to get the foot well lights out? I tried moving it in all directions but to no avail.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can you describe in detail how to get the foot well lights out? I tried moving it in all directions but to no avail.
Like I said they are a pain in the a$$. One end has a cut out for a screwdriver. Insert a small screwdriver and press up and at the same time leverage down. I broke the clasp on one getting it out (hot glued it back). Once you get it out you will see what an absurd design it is!! IF it manages not to break, to get it back in you fold plastic tab down on itself (surprisingly this action doesn't break it) and slip it back up in the hole.

If there is an easy way to remove I was unable to grasp it while twisted in the footwell. Got to the point of exasperation and resulted in prying, pulling and such. :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts