Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
The foot well light was a complete PITA due to the bending and body position needed to see and pry but it finally popped out and its another W5W bulb. My puddle lights popped with ease.
Just break the foot lights out with a flat screwdriver. You can buy new ones in your local fiat / alfa romeo garage. The fiat 500, fiat croma, alfa romeo 156, alfa romeo guiletta and many others have the same light sockets.

Look: Alfa Romeo 916 GTV Spider 1995 2005 Door Card Courtesy Light Left Right | eBay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Guys, Just got me a new 2008 GT--love it! Couple issues with the radio system.
1. The "source" button on the stereo and the SRC button on the steering wheel DO NOT work. What gives?
2. Glove box does not open. Yes Ive tried everything, keys, pulling hard etc. Wierd..
3. How do I get bluetooth connection ?
Any help would be apprciated.
Cheers,
Dave

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
1) The buttons appear to have a limited lifespan. At least one other user has reported issues, and fixed by replacing steering wheel. It's possible it's the clockspring, but not clear as yet
2) Pass
3) Sure your car has blue tooth? The early ones were an optional.

C

·
Registered
52 Posts
1) Try taking out your radio (there ais a special tool for this). You don't need to remove anything, just pull it out with the tool. Check if all wires look normal and not loose or modified. 1 minute job!
2) You can unscrew the glovebox. The screws are in front of the foot light. Pry out the plastig plugs to remove the carpet that covers the screws.
3) As far as I know, no 2008 model has bluetooth and you cannot retrofit it. You need to install a third party device.

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Standard tool will take it out.

Be very careful if you unplug stuff. Remove the power *before* the video connection and vice versa.

Bluetooth needs Hardware 8.0 and above

Menu
Radio - Telephone diagnosis
Unit descrition
Software Version unit.

I've not been able to try this myself.

C

·
Registered
444 Posts
CORRECT FACTORY ALIGNMENT SPECS AND CHANGES FOR BETTER WEAR

In case this helps anyone in the future.... These are the specs that I got from the amazing guys at Formula Dynamics in case the data my mechanic was pulling was inaccurate.

"Here is the factory spec...

Factory Alignment Settings
Front Toe: -2mm (Total Toe Out) ****Per Jason above and other sources, DO NOT TOE OUT! On the toe, it should actually have slight toe-in...about +.25
Rear Toe: +4mm (Total Toe In) **** Reduce Toe towards neutral if wearing prematurely
Front Camber: -0°30’
Rear Camber: -1°30’
Castor: Stock Setting (typically +4 35' +- 6')

I would suggest the customer compares his current alignment to the factory spec provided above. If he is off, just correct it. If he is close to spec and still having problems, he can try to reduce the camber even further and also reduce the toe setting to be more neutral. The only problem will be how much adjustment the shop is able to actually achieve, the factory adjusters don't allow for a lot of adjustment. "

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: Hose breaking /leaking coolant that cools the transmission when hot

Do you know if this issue has been fixed on later build cars I am considering a GT

Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
Re: Hose breaking /leaking coolant that cools the transmission when hot

Do you know if this issue has been fixed on later build cars I am considering a GT

Thank you !
Which hoses do you mean?

C

·
Registered
62 Posts
I saw a posting from someone on the site who said that there is a coolant hose for water to cool the transmission when it heats up . The hose is under $10 but labor is $1K to replace it . Also the post said that the coolant is the same that cools the engine so the car must be towed in for service if it leaks.

I know all cars have issues my 2006 911 water pump needs to be replaced every 5 years or 30 K miles because the plastic impeller blades degrade break off and can move into the engine and cause hot spots.

I just wondered if Maserati addressed the issue.

BTW I am really having a hard time w the Ghibli vrs GT decision. I like them both !
The Ghibli has a newer design and I like the idea of room for 4 and AWD but think the GT would be more fun to drive and the v8 in the GT is so special .
I would buy either pre owned so I could also so I could buy a newer Ghibli for the same $$$ as an older GT . I have to drive both again .
Thank you for your assistance ! Russ DeJulio Pittsburgh PA

·
Super Moderator
4,486 Posts
I saw a posting from someone on the site who said that there is a coolant hose for water to cool the transmission when it heats up . The hose is under $10 but labor is $1K to replace it . Also the post said that the coolant is the same that cools the engine so the car must be towed in for service if it leaks.

I know all cars have issues my 2006 911 water pump needs to be replaced every 5 years or 30 K miles because the plastic impeller blades degrade break off and can move into the engine and cause hot spots.

I just wondered if Maserati addressed the issue.
I think I know what you mean. And no, I don't think there have been any part changes, but Maserati don't always tell people :)

Certainly not a very common issue, though

C

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you C !

Perhaps they have updated maybe w some heat shielding or a beefed up hose
Glad to know though that its a rare problem

Best !

Russ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great I will look for you at the VGP I will be at the Porsche PCA tent hich of your awesome cars are you showing ??

Re your message :

I retired and wanted to downsize so we now only own 2 cars - my 2006 911 coupe with only 36K miles (6 speed stick OEM sport exhaust silver/black interior OEM sport seats ) in pristine condition . My wife drives a 2015 Q5 Audi with 7K miles

The only Italian cars we owned were two Fiats 131 sedans in the late 1970's they were OK but at 80 mph the windows started to get sucked away from their seals ! LOL it felt like the doors were going to come off. ( ALSO I Loved this - I removed the spare tire one day and discovered that someone at the Fiat plant had placed a crushed plastic espresso cup there !! So Italian !! ( I am Italian so can say that !! )

I moved to a new 1981 VW Jetta my first German car. I could not believe the difference in build quality 85 mph was so quite and smooth .
Then on to 30 years of BMW's including a cool rare gray market 1986 M535i. I was set to buy the E 92 BMW V8 M3 when a friend in the PCA talked me into trying something different so I bought a 911. I really like the 911 but it is not comfortable for long distance trips also I do not drive it in snow.

I have always wanted an exotic Italian car the only Ferrari I have driven though has been a friends 1983 308 . I love the lines of the Ferrari California but its price pre owned (as you know ) is twice the Maserati GT's and I do not want a convertible so it seems like the Maserati is the way to go. . I just have to drive both Maseratis' to decide and then watch the net for a nice one in Maserati BLUE !!

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,639 Posts
Reading through quite a few posts on different threads here it seems the failure of the passenger seat to roll-forward on tilt is a fairly common issue with these cars ( including mine ) . One or two members have successfully fixed that problem using the reset method described in the manual , but others ( again, including my car ) haven't been that lucky. I have a service appointment at the dealer in a couple of weeks and will find out what the problem is , but wondering if anyone knows what exactly is causing this ; is it a module in the seat track or some other mechanical or electrical part ? All the other seat position adjustment functions work fine , only this feature is apparently impacted , and it also looks like it happens only with the passenger seat. A member who just bought a '17 GT and posted an intro , also mentioned this same problem . So ..is this a component epidemic failure ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2013 GTS w skyhook and the suspension light just came on with the message "check suspension" and the car is riding extremely rough like a low rider. Any ideas what to look for or test to determine issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No ABS light, only check suspension quote and picture of a shock. Something is definitely wrong because the car rides extremely rough. Does not matter if I put it in sport mode or not, still get the warnings and car still rides rough. Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance, Clark

21 - 40 of 69 Posts