Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay by now chances are if I'm posting....it's not something good and I think this is the last straw.
Alright here we go;
I'm cruising down 80/94 yesterday evening headed towards chicago on my way to a cookout. There's a whole lot of construction going on in the area. Basically I hit a pot hole (that was actually a sewer drain in the middle of a lane). And GUESS what happens.....my passenger side door airbag pops out. WTF!? That triggers the inertia switch for the fuel shut off so I have to pull over in the slow lane because there is no shoulder. I dial 911 and wait for the police to arrive since I couldn't get the car started. Finally the police show up, I find the inertia switch in the trunk get a jump and get back on my way with a blown airbag.... NO damage was done to the car what so ever but the impact of the pothole casued the airbag to pop WTF!?
Soooooooooo, anyone know of anyone selling a passenger door airbag? Or better yet anyone interested in purhcasing a 02 CC coupe? Just make and Offer I've got the title in hand :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
bad day for sure, but its not the masers fault, its the highway division (cal trans in california) that is at fault. i picked up a highway reflector, those things imbedded in the road, went through the grill, air conditioner fan, overall $2K worth of damage to my M3. insurance paid and recovered from cal trans, they are responsible for such road hazards. most states require you file a claim against them very quickly, so do so, make very sure there is not damage to the suspension so as to include it in the claim. pisses me off they way they keep our highways, will wreck any good car in no time at all. so nice in europe by comparrison.

chris

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
You'd be amazed how successful you might be filing a claim with the highway folks...most people don't bother. Worth a shot?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll give it a shot. I still wouldn't mind trading this one in for another Maser. I didn't fie a claim at the time of the the incident because I didn't plan on reporting to insurace. I have a $2000 deductable so I didn't plan on using insurance and didn't want it to report. what do u think carmax would off for a trade on an 02 maser cc coupe 33,000 mi. I would really just like to dump it and grab another.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With or without me doing the airbag repairs? And with or without my 19" bbs wheels? Looking at your name do you have any other for sale maybe we could set up some type of trade.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
It really pays to make sure you get a good car. There are no deals in the exotic car world.

Talk to Augie, above, he will hook you up.

-dsd

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh no, no porsche

nah I don't plan to leave maserati that's the bad thing. I'm hooked. I'm already looking for another coupe. ... :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Basically I hit a pot hole (that was actually a sewer drain in the middle of a lane). And GUESS what happens.....my passenger side door airbag pops out.
Sorry to hear that. However, there must had been a side way skid, plus the bump, with low profile tires and hard suspensions, the result was not a total supprise. IMO, it could happen to any car with such hard suspension setup.

Where did you say the inertia switch is? Did you do anything to reset it (I thought your said the fuel pump was cut-off)?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm cruising down 80/94 yesterday evening headed towards chicago on my way to a cookout. :)

Well I grew up on the south side of chicago (where 80 and 55 meet) and yes 80/94 HAS SOME OF WORST ROADS IN THIS COUNTRY. It is almost looks like mortar rounds have hit the pavement. 80 near Gary, IN to Joliet, IL with all the trucks and traffic has to be the worst patch of US interstate in the country. Trucks every other car and nothing but old factory smoke in the sky and big salt pits on each side of the highway.

ugh.

good luck

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey nomorejags, I live in Naperville and am starting to consider maybe getting a GS. This would make my Coupe available if you are really interested in getting another...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts