Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a drive in the GT today and I was very close to trading my spyder in for it. But for the first time ever, I decided to be mature enough to sleep on the thought and give it more than just an impulsive glare.

I love the way the new GT looks, and the interior is every bit as beautiful and solid as the mass productions from Germany and japan. It is elegant, and comfortable, luxurious... But me thinks it lacks the passion of the 4200 CC. its quiet interior, solid feel, and the sheer ease of the steering made it a real couch on wheels, which actually made me thinke weather its worth giving up the rough/fun ride of the 4200? Is it worth the almost 60k premium over the current value of my spyder? don't get me wrong, its beautiful, sophisticated, and comfortable... but it does lack the "pony" muscle car feeling the 4200 or the GS has. It is a grown up car, that can function long term, whereas I get a more "toy" fun factor feeling with my spyder.. Regardless I'm left conflicted on weather to buy the brand new GT "grown up/daily driver car", wait a year or so and get a used? or just forget about it all together and enjoy the heck out of my little toy!!!.. your thoughts are definitely welcome

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the GT is not going to be more exciting driving experience than the coupe/spyder/GS. it is more a Granturismo as it is intended to be.
the GT-S is much better upgrade for current 4200 owners.

·
Registered
91 Posts
But me thinks it lacks the passion of the 4200 CC. its quiet interior, solid feel, and the sheer ease of the steering made it a real couch on wheels, which actually made me thinke weather its worth giving up the rough/fun ride of the 4200? Is it worth the almost 60k premium over the current value of my spyder?
I think you have answered your own question.

60 Large is hard to swallow. If you waited for the GT to depreciate in the next few years, you could probably have both. Keep the Spyder, drive the GT as a DD.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
TBH, if my work situation wasn't so ... well, nevermind, I'd have traded in my GS for the new GT S.

I really liked the GT and with extra "rawness" and power, it'd be pretty much perfect for my style and preference.

I'd say, wait for the GT Convertible if you're into open tops, though bear in mind the GT Convertible will retain the back seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TBH, if my work situation wasn't so ... well, nevermind, I'd have traded in my GS for the new GT S.

I really liked the GT and with extra "rawness" and power, it'd be pretty much perfect for my style and preference.

I'd say, wait for the GT Convertible if you're into open tops, though bear in mind the GT Convertible will retain the back seats.
Didn't realize there were plans for a GT convertible Bigfoot, any thoughts on if it would be a soft vs. hardtop? I assume if it were a hard-top, and retained the back seats, you'd be looking at a 4600lbs car??

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You should sit in one before saying that. I did and loved it (though I love the GS' interior too).
I did. I just think, as was said above, that the GT interior is "too german". The GS is way sportier, way "italianer".:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts