Maserati Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,405 Posts
The "problem" with used exotic cars is not the price of admission, but maintenance. Those cars do go through sets of tires very quickly, and those tires are expensive.

IMO, if you want a coupe, go for a stick, it will save you tons of $$ and headaches. I love my CC, but it does cost a lot to maintain, do a search under "clutch replacement" and "F1 pump".

If you keep checking on this forum you will end up doing some Formula Dynamics mods, springs and DBW for sure, and watch out because those guys are coming up with new stuff... and you know that feel of "I must have it!". I got hooked!

On a positive note, you may be able to sell that car in a couple of years for the same price you paid. The Mercedes will depreciate more, that Maser is at the bottom.

If you decide to pull the trigger, don't rush, make a lower offer, it's definitely a buyer's market, there are plenty of cars for sale right now.

And the most important thing, if you can, buy a Nero Carbonio color, it's the fastest!:cool:

· Registered
1,405 Posts
my money's on Tiki driving a Maser home this weekend. There is NO way a 24 yr old is going to not drive away with it if it's within his means and the car is in good shape.
Agree with Vicenzo, that car is already sold!

· Registered
1,405 Posts
I don't think so, Enrico. As I mentioned before, buying those car is the easiest part, but maintenance is gonna cost big bucks. So I don't think we're gonna see lots of Maseratis with the Supra crowd. I believe the younger crowd buying italian cars are real enthusiast who appreciate the brands, know the history and etc.. Like us.

And I agree with you, altough a beautiful color combo, it's pretty boring for a 24 year-old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.