Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did this survey on the Porsche forum, and there were so many responses it was difficult to collate them and come up with the five cars which were the most common among members , but narrowed it somewhat to : Jaguar E type, "Ferrari" Dino , AM DB 4 and AM DB9 , and the Miura . ( Measured by the beauty of the car's lines alone, no other considerations factored in whatsoever ) But these were Porsche guys , so I wonder what the members of this forum who own what surely is one of the top 10 most beautiful cars ( arguably ) made - our GT , that is - consider their top five .

I for one , categorically agree with the Jaguar E type , and both Aston Martins listed above ( though I like the new DB11 even more ) , and yes the Dino ( although the GTO would top that in my book ) the Ford GT for sure, but then I have at least half dozen more I'd put in there but can't bring myself to rank one above the other ..they're pretty much in a tie ..

So what are your " most beautiful cars ever made " ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
1. Jaguar XJ12L - 1974-1978
2. Rolls Royce Silver Cloud III
3. Pierce Arrow - Silver Arrow 1933
4. Horch 1937
5. Jaguar E Type 1971 12cyl 2+2 Racing Green (owned one)

WILDCARD: 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone coupe

Talk amongst yourselves...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ha ha I think the only good thing about the vovo was the turning circle and if you owned an elephant you could transport it on your roof.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We did this survey on the Porsche forum, and there were so many responses it was difficult to collate them and come up with the five cars which were the most common among members , but narrowed it somewhat to : Jaguar E type, "Ferrari" Dino , AM DB 4 and AM DB9 , and the Miura . ( Measured by the beauty of the car's lines alone, no other considerations factored in whatsoever ) But these were Porsche guys , so I wonder what the members of this forum who own what surely is one of the top 10 most beautiful cars ( arguably ) made - our GT , that is - consider their top five .

I for one , categorically agree with the Jaguar E type , and both Aston Martins listed above ( though I like the new DB11 even more ) , and yes the Dino ( although the GTO would top that in my book ) the Ford GT for sure, but then I have at least half dozen more I'd put in there but can't bring myself to rank one above the other ..they're pretty much in a tie ..

So what are your " most beautiful cars ever made " ?
very, very carefully thought out, in chronological order - couldn't get it down to fewer than ten:

1931-37 Packard Twin Six four-door convertible phaeton
1951-58 Mercedes-Benz W188 300d coupe (preferably in tobacco brown/beige leather)
1953-57 Pegaso Z102b Touring Superleggera berlinetta (blu scuro/beige)
1953-63 A.C. Ace-Bristol
1955-56 Mercedes-Benz 300SLR (silber w/ plaid seats -#722)
1959-63 Porsche 356b coupe (off-white/black leather) my old car
1961-75 Jaguar E-type roadster
1985-88 Ferrari 412 (blue sera/beige) my present car
1999-2005 Ferrari 550/575M (blu Tour de France/cuoio) my present car)
2006-2009 Cadillac STS-V (silver/black) ditto

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not in any particular order....
1) Duesenberg - Supercharged
2) Early Jaguar E-Type
3) Lamborghini Miura
4) Ferrari 275 GTB
5) Talbot-Lago

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have to add the Speedback GT ( from Dave Brown Automotive ) to my top five list and fit it somewhere in there, somehow ... Both exterior and interior, that car has an unbelievable visual appeal to me ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts