Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got any memorable experiences relating your Maserati? Good or bad, share them here.

I'll start.

I was really thirsty but in a hurry to leave the house so I put some water in a styrofoam cup and left. I decided to use the handy cup holder that has the little rubber pieces on it to hold the cup in place and the little rubber pieces poked holes in my cup (obviously not designed for styrofoam cups), I didn't realize this and kept drinking. I realized I needed gas so I pulled into a gas station where two beautiful women were staring at the car as I was pulling in. I was feeling pretty confident so as I got out to pump the gas I looked over at them and smiled, both of them looked at my crotch, I was thinking " Wow these women mean business." They started laughing and I smiled back at them, it was about that time I looked down at my crotch and realized the water from my styrofoam cup made it look like I had pissed myself. I was so embarassed I just hopped in the car and left with my $4.16 in gas.

·
Registered
128 Posts
one of my 'best' Maserati moments (top 3 furshure) would have to be when i went to the local 7-11 to get my favorite magazine (Luxury Modified Exotics) a pay day candy bar and some gatorade....
and in the Concorso section of LME i saw my car !!!! then later that day i logged on here at maseratilife.com and there was a thread on it (someone's qp is famous)

it made me feel like the extra 15k was worth it !!!! j/k
i named her Mazzy (like the band mazzy star)

DRIVE SAFE

·
Registered
390 Posts
Took the cage out to the canyons in Malibu that we usually tear up on our bikes...goddamn was that fun! I got out after the first section of Piuma and I was shaking! Maybe the car doesn't have the pure pace of a GT3 or Corvette, but the sound of that motor singing up and down combined with the perfectly balanced handling was just so exhilirating. You can really slide that thing around in the tigher stuff!

·
Registered
329 Posts
My favorite moment was a couple months ago when three friends and I were running our cars for fun. We had met for some coffee and after some trash talk and a cup of java, we started a caravan to the building where I store my cars.

All marques were represented. A Diablo held the flag representing our favorite bull riders, a 355 and 348 were saddled to represent the prancing horse, and my lowley GT coupe held the trident. As we drove out of Los Andeles and to the east (no mention of which freeway - for a reason) we encountered a section where the road grade was a significant climb of about 3-3 1/2 miles.

Well the bull shot out in front and started accelerating hard, the prancing horses were behind him and struggling to get an advantage over each other.
I swept from 6th to 4th and jumped along side the 348 and 355 as I shifted up to 5th and accelerated past them. This all happened rather quickly and
I was quite surprised and very content with my little Maser.

Yes. the Lambo never looked back, and the Maser was a respectable 2nd.
The Ferrari's had to split the lunch bill. My double-double never tasted so good.....:D

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
2nd Best experience: Getting fast and deep into a decreasing radius turn and having the sinking feeling of understeer, followed by a throttle squeeze (and butthole squeeze), transitioning into oversteer enough that I didn't put it into the wall -- then realizing that I just executed my first power oversteer.

Best experience: the next lap.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Cranking up live Floyd in the car (thanks, Nick, if you're lurking), Comfortably Numb, 7:00 minutes in, and watching the speedo wind up past 150 MPH just as Gilmour's sonic assault commences...

Chills.

·
Registered
202 Posts
one funny and crazy in my now sold 2004 coupe,

(i hope the person that got it never reads this) well, i was driving back from big bear (a local ski town in los angeles) and yes. i took my car to the snow.

OK. so we are driving back from a good snowboarding weekend and we stopped at a gas station for some drinks. i got a Starbucks frappuccino ( the kind they sell in a closed bottle) and i started driving home.

i later asked my girlfriend to hold the bottle for a little bit. she opened the bottle and gave it back to me (thinking i asked here to open it for me). i then started to shake the bottle so the chocolate from the bottle would dissolve.

well, you can guess what happened next... i must say that the cap on the Starbucks coffee is really big, so by the first shake up and down half of the coffee was all over the car. i was completely drenched in coffee and i had to pull over and to clean the cars interior. (at 11:45PM on the 10 freeway)

the car always smelled like moca after that experience...:D

-willie

p.s. the moral of the story is...don't drink and drive (and if you must, remember vodka has no smell)

·
Registered
202 Posts
oh,

the time i got it to 171 mph was also fun...

crazy but fun.

p.s. one peace of advice if you ever get that high up. at about 165 the car start to get loss (needs more front downforce). don't panic, and ONLY lift the gas slowly.

·
Registered
530 Posts
"Starts to get loose" ain't the half of it. 165 is where my brain/foot said "enough". There was still some oomph left so I don't doubt it'll do 174 or whatever the factory quotes, I just don't wanna be there when it happens without some serious development on the splitter and undertray.

willie said:
oh,

the time i got it to 171 mph was also fun...

crazy but fun.

p.s. one peace of advice if you ever get that high up. at about 165 the car start to get loss (needs more front downforce). don't panic, and ONLY lift the gas slowly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Steeldream said:
just don't wanna be there when it happens without some serious development on the splitter and undertray.

i know,

i was actually thinking of doing it my self (giving our beautiful cars a nice belly) with some aluminum or something.

Kevin, maybe that would make a good add-on to your mvp500's.

i know i would get one today of i could. the air flow under the car is horrible.

-willie

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
willie said:
i know,

i was actually thinking of doing it my self (giving our beautiful cars a nice belly) with some aluminum or something.

Kevin, maybe that would make a good add-on to your mvp500's.

i know i would get one today of i could. the air flow under the car is horrible.

-willie
We might offer something seperately but the MVP500 kit will be a power upgrade only kit. Of course we'll recommend brake and suspension upgrades and offer them at a discount with the kit but the main focus of the kit is POWER. Something I find lacking in my 06 Coupe GT when I'm next to a C6 Vette on the highway.

·
Registered
202 Posts
MVP said:
We might offer something seperately but the MVP500 kit will be a power upgrade only kit. Of course we'll recommend brake and suspension upgrades and offer them at a discount with the kit but the main focus of the kit is POWER. Something I find lacking in my 06 Coupe GT when I'm next to a C6 Vette on the highway.

cool,

that is something the car really needs.

one more thing...you sound like that guy from "Top Gear"

POWER, POWER...

- willie

p.s. i love that show

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
11 Posts
the smoke was the new brake fluid (AP551), i had it at max level but the heat from using on track expanded it enough to overflow onto exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
128 Posts
HAPPENED TODAY ! "maserati moment"

so i was going to meet my wife for lunch in downtown Menlo Park.(great place great reastaurants... no parking during lunch)

"oooh a parking spot right in front of the restaurant....lucky me"

so i pull up in the QP and i park in front of a redCL65 across the street from me believe it or not a grey Aston Martin DB9 and a new black M5. I then notice all eyes on me.

people from 2 restaurants inside and out all looking at my car before i get out.
As i exit my car i take my jacket off.
A guy in a Jaguar pulls up as says "goddamn that's a nice ride, BEAUTIFUL ..." as always i reply "thank you,,,, thank you very much"

i wanted to put my jacket in the trunk but it wouldn't open.
i walked back to the driver's door.... it wouldn't open.
PEOPLE WERE STILL STARING
i pressed lock, then unlock, the lights lit up I tried the trunk again.
...it wouldn't open.
i walked back to the driver's door.... it wouldn't open.

I began to feel warm.

basically the car had attitude about how cool she was, so she wouldn't comply.

Fuggit, i tucked my jacket under my arm and walked into the restaurant !!!

PS. when i got back to the car, everything worked just fine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
With my spyder: when I finally smashed the gas pedal in first, and couldn't believe the thing stayed stuck to the planet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Too many to single out one... but if I have to... it has to be this one:

yeap guys... just this weekend we had the Maserati Master GT brought by our dealer directly from Italy to our home track of El Jabali, El Salvador.

Maaaaaan if any of you have not taken it let me recommend it...!!!
I have plenty of pictures and video coming up in a whole new thread hopefully tomorrow... what I will say that its all about knowing our cars and knowing how to drive them FAST... how fast??? well... wait and see the pictures and video tomorrow

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
PacoSaca said:
Too many to single out one... but if I have to... it has to be this one:

yeap guys... just this weekend we had the Maserati Master GT brought by our dealer directly from Italy to our home track of El Jabali, El Salvador.

Maaaaaan if any of you have not taken it let me recommend it...!!!
I have plenty of pictures and video coming up in a whole new thread hopefully tomorrow... what I will say that its all about knowing our cars and knowing how to drive them FAST... how fast??? well... wait and see the pictures and video tomorrow

GREAT STUFF PACO! Congrats! I bet you're on cloud 9!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts