Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- You change the song in your other cars and get suprised when it doesn't take 10 seconds for the CD player to respond.

- You try to change gears via paddles in your other car and end up spraying water all over your windshield or turning your brights on.

- You have to explain what a Maserati is to your friends and just give up and say "you know what a Ferrari is? Kind of like that."

- You're suprised when you leave the dealership in your other car after service and you didn't get charged 4 figures for an oil change and inspection.

- You get every Civic trying to race you at a stop light.

- All the cops in town know you on a first name basis but they always let you go on a warning.

- Every stranger has the need to tell you about their random relative who has a civic/corvette/viper that is faster than your car.

- You have to argue with people that your CC car is not a form of automatic, but they always proceed by telling you "Trust me I know my BMW has tiptronic shifting too, but it's still an auto."

All I have for now feel free to add your own.

·
Registered
722 Posts
- Your friends all want a ride in your new car but secretly believe you've gone nuts.

- Rebooting your car once in a while to fix the radio or soft top seems reasonable, and actually kind of entertaining.

- Your other car suddenly seems very quiet and docile.

·
Registered
114 Posts
- you walk to your car and you pray that your battery got enough power
- after ignition you pray that the 'check engine' light goes away
- you know the guys from the petrol station by their first name

cheers
iwan

·
Registered
279 Posts
The best I had was this:

Some guy came up to me on Friday night when I was in the MCV and asked whilst pointed to the MCV: "What's that?"

I replied: "That's a Maserati MCV."

He said: " Oh, it's just a Maserati..." Then he turned over to his female companion and said: "Normally people referred to a Maserati as a cheap man's Ferrari." He then turned back to me and said: "Not really quite a Ferrari, isn't it?"

(At this moment, I glanced at his girl... and she's not bad... so I replied...)

"My 360 is parked at home. I drive the Maserati out to educate ignorant little pricks like you. You will never appreciate a Maserati if you don't have a Ferrari next to it. And buy the way, is that your Z3 over there?"

The gal smiled. Well, I wondered off to chat with someone else after that.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Great response Vincent. I now have the opposite problem with my red Merak...everyone assumes it is a Ferrari.

Steve

·
Registered
279 Posts
Red Merak??? Nice... :cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Vincent said:
Red Merak??? Nice... :cool:

Forget the Merak (nice), Conrats on the Futura (much nicer!)

·
Registered
835 Posts
- when some teenager took a picture of you and your car while you're "in the middle of a busy LA street" and you prayed it doesn't end up on wreckedexotic.com

·
Registered
722 Posts
- or when you realize you could show up on wreckedexoticowner.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
- when people whip out their camera phone and proceed to snap pictures

- when you hear someone in the vicinity say "oh, that's a ... maserati"

- when youre at a red light and some pencil-d!ck in a porsche breaks his neck

- when dumb asses say "is that fast?"

- when dumb asses have to ask " how much do one of dem cost?"

- when someone points at your car

- when a fellow maserati driver waves at you on the road

drive safe

·
Registered
660 Posts
... when you either need to replace some faulty gadget costing 50$ retail which demands about 800$ in labor costs to get fitted, or you have to replace a 700$-plus part that only takes 80-100$ in labor cost for the job to be done.

Morale: with exotica, if something goes wrong, you're always screwed-up... :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
When you're in a parking lot and two women start staring, and you see one point at you and mouth to her friend:

"Aston Martin"

(happend to me twice now)

·
Registered
49 Posts
When you say Maserati and the person ask, "who makes that?"
(Happened to me when I was buying tires.)
Robb373 x2.

·
Registered
202 Posts
- when you become oblivious to all of the people that are watching you at stop lights, and the only time you notice them is when a friend rides with you.

- when you find that all other cars don't turn and you realize that you need to steer more and turn the wheel like 3 times to make a turn.

- when the most common question is "how fast have you taken it"

- when your nerves and body get exited, you feel the passion and emotion not to mention euphoria when driving fast.

·
Registered
201 Posts
- they say you're crazy but you have a good time.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts