Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was looking for a new toy, my wife and I agreed that since she was pregnant, we would only get a car that could fit a baby seat in the back, so we could go out in the new car as a family. Limiting my choices, it was a good thing I was in love with the looks and driving performance of the Maserati Coupe. Well, my wife had the baby 3 weeks ago and after we settled down a little, and after a little research, I went out and got a baby seat for our new little boy. I think I'll wait another week to actually take him out driving, but we put him in the car and introduced him to the interior. I think he likes it.

I know there have been a bunch of threads about baby seats, but for those of you in the US who need a rear facing sear that fits in the coupe - the Combi Connection fits fine. You just need to have the front passenger seat up a little further than normal. Thanks to dsd for his help on that! Here are some pics of our baby in the car. You don't see this everyday!

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
When I was looking for a new toy, my wife and I agreed that since she was pregnant, we would only get a car that could fit a baby seat in the back, so we could go out in the new car as a family. Limiting my choices, it was a good thing I was in love with the looks and driving performance of the Maserati Coupe. Well, my wife had the baby 3 weeks ago and after we settled down a little, and after a little research, I went out and got a baby seat for our new little boy. I think I'll wait another week to actually take him out driving, but we put him in the car and introduced him to the interior. I think he likes it.

I know there have been a bunch of threads about baby seats, but for those of you in the US who need a rear facing sear that fits in the coupe - the Combi Connection fits fine. You just need to have the front passenger seat up a little further than normal. Thanks to dsd for his help on that! Here are some pics of our baby in the car. You don't see this everyday!
Question:

How do you secure the egg to the seat, as I see you have not used the safety belt? Would think about protection in case of a side collision, as getting the egg "locked" simply by pressure from the front seat I guess is not enough.

We're waiting for a baby in late August, so I'm most interested into this. My 3 1/2 year old daughter enjoys riding in the Maser (and already asks "daddy, can't we go any faster...?")

BTW, I love the Rosso Bologna...

Ed

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The seat is secured using the LATCH system. Two latch hooks secure into the LATCH system located where the seat bottom and seat back meet. You then tighten the belt on the carseat base and secure the seat. The seat isn't going anywhere - not even 2 inches.

I have a seat saver under the seat and a towel underneath that. I'm all for having fun and taking my baby for a ride - but would never sacrifice safety.

·
Registered
742 Posts
My wife is due in December.

Looks great.

Where did you get your baby seat from?

I wish they made Maserati Baby outfits like they do for Ferrari...

Thanks.

CM

·
Registered
660 Posts
The seat is secured using the LATCH system. Two latch hooks secure into the LATCH system located where the seat bottom and seat back meet. You then tighten the belt on the carseat base and secure the seat. The seat isn't going anywhere - not even 2 inches.

I have a seat saver under the seat and a towel underneath that. I'm all for having fun and taking my baby for a ride - but would never sacrifice safety.
Cheers man, not that I suggested you were compromising safety, but I could not appreciate the mounting solution. Worth looking into it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Our baby seat went in last night.

your looks to be the exact same model. There is enough room for my wife to sit in the front seat without any discomfort. I took him to daycare this morning and getting him in and out is very easy especialy if he is in the car seat beforehand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chris7469 - the seat was purchased at Buy Buy Baby, but I've seen them in other stores too. We have another brand (Peg Perego) for our everyday cars, but it's a little too deep. This one works pretty well. The only thing I'm worried about is if he outgrows this seat before he turns one years old - then we need to still have him rear facing, but in a convertible seat. I don't think I can find one that will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts