Maserati Forum banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts
3,662 Posts
Generally when you run around a car shop of any kind with your cell phone making youtube videos etc. be aware when you leave the employees are gonna talk about you.. It isn't gonna be in a positive way either...:rolleyes: Jason

·
Registered
30 Posts
Question for Jason
Is the GT market in LV good?
I have a 2015 Black/Black with 21k, second owner, bought 3 years ago and thinking about selling it. Moving to LV in the next year.

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Question for Jason
Is the GT market in LV good?
I have a 2015 Black/Black with 21k, second owner, bought 3 years ago and thinking about selling it. Moving to LV in the next year.

Thanks
The GT market is terrible everywhere lol definitely not a brand/car to buy if resale is a big concern. I reckon the LV market is better than many, though, for quasi exotic sports cars.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
The GT market is terrible everywhere lol definitely not a brand/car to buy if resale is a big concern. I reckon the LV market is better than many, though, for quasi exotic sports cars.
I agree about resale, although I think the Las Vegas market might be somewhat less attractive because of all of the exotics that are there. They're probably a dime a dozen there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I agree about resale, although I think the Las Vegas market might be somewhat less attractive because of all of the exotics that are there. They're probably a dime a dozen there.
Good point. I was thinking the weather + people liking to be show-y there lol but entirely guessing. To give you an idea I checked out a 570s at mclaren dealer and they offered me $17,000 on trade for my 2009 4.7 S .... I expected low but now that low lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have not read all of this but enough to confirm my thought of why I never bought my desired GT. I ended up with a Porsche as my 3rd car and and I do not regret it. The GT looks and sound great and big issues can occur on any cars. They key is the dealership and the factory. we surely got some serious issues there. My Porsche dealership is flawless and I did not buy the car from them!. My Aston dealership is also great.
Yeah, the OP is a bit rambling on the video and he could be more concise but remember that he has the right to get upset. It is also not cool to kind of trash the guy for it. He is the victim here.
The factory should have simply covered the repair. Period! That was the smart ansd right thing to do. So between the nightmare, the trashing of the OP by some when he only asks for help/support, I can see why he ghosted. Why warn a community who does not fully care?
So the dealersips and factory and owners should not be suprised to see their car value plummet and why they don't sell with stories like these. You can't even trust to get any support even if you do the right thing when buying and all looks great. this is not a simple gasket leak! The guy is not a drag racing hot head with a tricked out GT.
I am a GT fan but I am pulling away from them unless they can be picked up for $15K or less. I'd rather add a Jag type F v8R for the price. You get the sound , raw power and a great handling and looking beast as well.
this story is so disapointing and outreagous. We are back into the bi-turbo era

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I agree that the indifference of Maserati dealers and Maserati itself is a sad state of affairs vs. what one typically might experience at Porsche , Mercedes , Aston Martin, Audi or BMW dealers ( the last three makes based on what I hear from my friends..with BMW dealers lauded as the best ..) but this is not a reason for Pierre to ghost the forum , in spite of a little ribbing about his extended videos .. we all can ( and should ) take some occasional flak in stride ..
As for the dealer service and attitude : that’s not a reason to pass on a phenonemal car like this, if you’re in a location with plenty of competent independent mechanics shops to service your Maserati with the utmost professionalism , care, and passion , and at a fraction of the dealer rip-off costs, where you don’t need to settle for a “ second best “ car, but in areas where the dealer is pretty much the only game in town, I get the dilemma .

·
Registered
199 Posts
I agree that the indifference of Maserati dealers and Maserati itself is a sad state of affairs vs. what one typically might experience at Porsche , Mercedes , Aston Martin, Audi or BMW dealers ( the last three makes based on what I hear from my friends..with BMW dealers lauded as the best ..) but this is not a reason for Pierre to ghost the forum , in spite of a little ribbing about his extended videos .. we all can ( and should ) take some occasional flak in stride ..
You are right. I read a bit more of that thread and may be I got a bit rash. The factory did try to made good and so has the dealership but honestly I cannot walk by the incompetence of that entire crew. How many months does it take to change an engine? How many major parts can you destroy in that process? Are they now changing the body panels because they got banged with the trawsnmission?

Sure Pierre should provide an end to this thread regardless of what was said because he started it.
I have to say I went thru a similar issue with my Aston when I bought it with a totally different handling. Car was not 4 years old but 10 with 6K miles only. Car felt brand new.. While Aston did not take responsibility for an engine assembly flaw, they provided the parts at the rate of $25K worth for free. I did pay for the labor. I wrote to the company CEO to acheive that. Car also had a full PPI Aston dealer in CA at purchase and was always maintained. My dealer in NY actually had to take the engine ou and appart. I instructed them to have everything checked. They did. Ended with a like new engine and they did all of this in 2 months! Both Factory and dealer were great. Car has been running with no glitches for now 4 years!
In Pierre's case, one could say that it could be THAT dealership but it is not the first run-in I read or hear with Maser dealerships or the factory running away from their obligations or lack of professionalism. Frankly there are a lot of nice cars out these days with great dealer support. Why would anyone bring himself into a nightmare of buying a car like that and have it sit for months end at the shop, pay the taxes, the insurance the depreciation and watching in awe the techs take it appart a bit more each months? That I can do with my 30 years vintage car when I want a total restoration!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts