Maserati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Wait, they installed the engine facing the wrong way !! o_O
Ok, now seriously ..Congrats ! Ok, so when you say they tested the motor, how exactly did they do that ; they just started it and let it idle for a while , or did they take it out for a brief test drive ? I’d think any self respecting tech / dealer would put on at least 20 miles ( preferably more , with a city and highway driving mix ) putting the motor through its various motions to make sure everything’s in order before handing it to you ..or are they giving you the car with zero miles on the engine , and just rely 100 % on you to gently break it in ? IMO, and with no disrespect , a trained mechanic’s ear may be much better at detecting any irregularities than a non tech .

4,552 Posts
It is a hot test on the engine after it comes off the line...This car isn't even running yet...The techs will drive it for a little bit and not just give it back with 0 miles, but they are not driving like 200 miles...A short test drive, check for leaks, check for faults, look underneath again...Guys are not getting paid to look the thing over for hours and hours..That is car repair...It has to go and he has to move on to the next car...The tech. is on a warranty assigned time...Videos and discussions pay 0...Just saying.;)

Reactions: DSGT

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
@Jason: Good point, but this dealership is 10 months old. From a consumer/drivers perspective fixing any mechanical issue is a concern since there isn’t a depth of experience, Hell even in house experience! They are Fiat Maserati Alfa certified which makes me feel good but until I’ve driven the car for an extended amount of time, I really don’t know if it’s a Simple task...or if I’m going to be a repeat customer with Code issues, electronic issues or leak issues. My concern is the techs are relatively new to Maserati but up to this point I’m happy with the progress.

Is a +8 week crate motor/engine install normal?

4,552 Posts
Not really, but your are dealing with Italy....I have never seen a country so bad at business...If you pulled some of the crap they pull, you would get killed in the states...No accountability and a very lackadaisical...We are waiting on the large lower pan on the bottom of a convertible GT...We ordered it late September...This thing is still not here and no one seems to know where it is...It is apparently is on a boat crossing the Atlantic or something....It is not what I was used to dealing with, after dealing with Jaguar and Land Rover..I have gotten used to it as bad as that sounds....Jason

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Pierre , from what I have been told , two of the mechanics were transferred to the new dealership from the Ferrari - Maserati dealer in Atherton, right after they dropped Maserati from their repertoire, both sales and service . I expect it’s one ( or both ) of those guys who worked on your car . They may have never replaced a whole engine before but as a Jason mentioned , it’s not brain surgery , so if these guys had sufficient exlerience working on Ferraris and Maseratis at the previous dealership, it’s fine ..

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The guy, (Pierre A), is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about his Masi experience, and i for 1 enjoy hearing of his many exploits. After all, that's one of the many reasons why forums like this exist in the first place! For those who are seemingly condescending/negative with their comments, you can keep that crap to yourselves! It has no place nor does it serve any good purpose here ;)

Best of luck to you Pierre, nice looking power plant you have there (y)

4,552 Posts
The guy, (Pierre A), is genuinely excited and enthusiastic about his Masi experience, and i for 1 enjoy hearing of his many exploits. After all, that's one of the many reasons why forums like this exist in the first place! For those who are seemingly condescending/negative with their comments, you can keep that crap to yourselves! It has no place nor does it serve any good purpose here ;)

Best of luck to you Pierre, nice looking power plant you have there (y)
I suppose that is directed at me in a passive aggressive way...Pierre seems to be able to handle my ball busting...You should probably be to handle it as well...There was nothing nasty about it and I have tried to answer all his questions...He doesn't seem to have a problem and gets I'm goofing on him...You take it more seriously I think..Sorry, my crap didn't meet your criteria of what should be spoken here...I'll do better next time and speak whatever I want to speak ..J

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Thanks DSGT Timado404 Jason and Maserati forum: You folks are really the only sounding board I have and I hope some of you can relate on some level. When shet breaks on your car it SUCKS! Good Bad Ugly for me it’s sharing and having fun. I believe we all have a shet load of fun driving our Maserati cars.
My wife just asked me “...when is your car going to be finished!”

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
lol.... wife translation "when can i drive it!" :p

Reactions: Cisco150

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I suppose that is directed at me in a passive aggressive way...Pierre seems to be able to handle my ball busting...You should probably be to handle it as well...There was nothing nasty about it and I have tried to answer all his questions...He doesn't seem to have a problem and gets I'm goofing on him...You take it more seriously I think..Sorry, my crap didn't meet your criteria of what should be spoken here...I'll do better next time and speak whatever I want to speak ..J
i'm not a passive agressive dude, Marines don't roll like that! (y) It was directed at the negative 10 percenters, who never have anything good to say! But if you're feeling guilty, so be it!

·
Registered
165 Posts

I'm new to the forum, so if you'd like an outsider view, I knew you busted balls from my first visit here.

But guys grovel to you because they grasp for some insider knowledge hoping you somehow have the "magic answer". There's one (or more) of you on every forum, Ferrari chat has their share also. Not saying its good or bad thing, just voicing my $.02.

I'm in IT, and no way in he!! would I lurk on a tech forum on my time off. But that's just me.

I like Pierres' enthusiasm. Its refreshing.

4,552 Posts
I'm new to the forum, so if you'd like an outsider view, I knew you busted balls from my first visit here.

But guys grovel to you because they grasp for some insider knowledge hoping you somehow have the "magic answer". There's one (or more) of you on every forum, Ferrari chat has their share also. Not saying its good or bad thing, just voicing my $.02.

I'm in IT, and no way in he!! would I lurk on a tech forum on my time off. But that's just me.

I like Pierres' enthusiasm. Its refreshing.
Chris I appreciate your input...Your grovel comment is kinda borderline rude BTW..I present a lot of answers and help...Do you provide any in all of your 90 post? .Just my $.02...I answer questions on here for business reasons and it is not a "magic answer" thing or a ego thing..If you don't like my replies or post then feel free to avoid them...Not sure why Pierre is not upset with me, but other people are ? Seriously? I don't like his videos..He does...It is funny...Loosen up folks....J

·
Registered
165 Posts
Chris I appreciate your input...Your grovel comment is kinda borderline rude BTW..I present a lot of answers and help...Do you provide any in all of your 90 post? .Just my $.02...I answer questions on here for business reasons and it is not a "magic answer" thing or a ego thing..If you don't like my replies or post then feel free to avoid them...Not sure why Pierre is not upset with me, but other people are ? Seriously? I don't like his videos..He does...It is funny...Loosen up folks....J
Your'e right sir, I don't have 3,00 posts here. I'm usually out driving my cars and meeting people in real life.

Not trying to be rude either.I see the humor a bit but showing you the other side also. If you are here for business, just giving you a newbie perspective.:)

4,552 Posts
Pretty funny as I get your sarcasm. 2 nights in a row of guys going sideways on me..That is fine...J

·
Registered
384 Posts
Jason was never rude to the guy. It’s just that he was posting pictures of the same engine that we all have in our cars. I understand his enthusiasm but... Here’s an example: let’s all wash our engine bays, let’s all post pictures after the wash, and then let’s guess which one is the brand new factory engine amongst the pictures. Bet most of us won’t be able to tell the difference. And, as Jason said, the OG didn’t seem to take offense.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Update 10/24: I would like @Jason and Maserati tech experts input.
Stopped by the dealership, they informed me that they started the motor and everything is smooth, no code, no issues a little smoke from oil residue burning off but perfect motor.

BUT! When they installed the transmission, the transmission splines wil not engage the new motor splines. They informed Maserati USA and Italy and waiting for further direction.
New WAG is maybe two weeks.

Attachments

4,552 Posts
That doesn't make sense...Ask for a better explanation as the motor doesn't have splines...The transmission does and the torque converter goes on the splines in photo #2..Look at Photo #2...I would ask why all the bolts are out of the front pump of the transmission?...Those like 14-15 empty holes? You don't touch that to do an engine..The old torque converter should go on those splines fine as it just was removed from them...Something seems odd and I'm not liking those bolts being removed...Show the shop foreman photo #2 and ask why the bolts are out of the front pump of the transmission...Makes me think they were in there and they shouldn't be unless they f-uped something...Sorry..Just telling you how I see it..Jason

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
@Jason: I did ask and I took video of me asking...but some people on this forum don’t like watching UTube videos! I also don’t remember if he said splines regarding the motor, regardless bummer on my end.
I’ll post the video.

81 - 100 of 155 Posts