Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you use? I'm not sure how many realize this. For the longest time Yahoo was powered by Google so their search results were one and the same. However in February of this year Yahoo ditched it for their own.

I'm now beginning to use Yahoo more. For a search on "maserati forum" this site isn't even in the top 100. On Yahoo it is #1. And the top 10 Google results are pretty bad (but hey Ferrari Forum is in it, how?).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hm usually, I just use google, I guess out of habit... I guess I'll look into using yahoo maybe in the future... sometimes I use webcrawler.

Dietrich

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should change the topic from Google or Yahoo to MSN, Google or Yahoo.

It is amazing how fast Microsoft can adjust. Looking at the web stats for Ferrari/Maserati Forum MSN has out crawled Google by a factor of 2,000. Meaning for every hit Google has on here, MSN has 2,000.

Here is their search beta:

http://search.msn.com

And this is the first product from Microsoft I actually like. They certainly do a better job for the key words "Maserati Forum" than Google does.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Firefox is the most secure browser on the market. It's popularity is growing so eventually attackers will hack at it and find flaws. It was build from the ground up so it isn't cake layers of code like Internet Explorer.

As far as stable goes it is rock solid. Never crashed on me to date. At work I use it on linux and WindowsXP with no problems and at home on my Mac the same.

I really like the tabbed browsing so when you have 5 websites open you don't clutter the task bar (In WindowsXP case).

For email the Mozilla email is:

Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

I tried it and it works nicely. If you don't require Outlooks scheduling with other Outlook users at the office then it is a good replacement. I don't think is supports Microsoft's Exchange email system, but for regular POP etc it will get the job done.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I've been using anything non IE for a while now, and am very happy with firefox. I use it with both windows xp and linux as well, and have nearly no problems on either. Their new plug-in support is awesome.

Personally, I have been using yahoo as my search engine of choice for years. After the yahoo\google split i started using google exclusively, however in the last month I have started using yahoo once again. I think I would only go to msn search as a last resort.

froogle.com is also great for finding good deals on just about anything.

- mark

·
Registered
681 Posts
All this competition and what for!? Can't we just enjoy the best of both worlds!

http://www.twingine.com/

The best invention ever!

·
Registered
835 Posts
For general search such as company sites, shopping and blah I use yahoo. For something technical I use google. Google can match exact phrase whereas yahoo looks up contents contain words in your phrase. for example google can give you exact match for "i love maserati" but yahoo may give you something like "... i ............ love ................. maserati ............."

·
Registered
909 Posts
interesting note on firefox vs ie

i've been going on autos.msn.com for a while for misc. specs, and checking against some other sites out there when i am finding stuff for the site..

anyway, this week it gives an error along the lines of ' we're sorry that page isnt available for this browser ' in anything besides ie - no firefox, no safari..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
maserati of minneapolis
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing