Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 coupe gt has xenon lights and I am wondering if anybody has had them adjusted.Mine dont seem high enough and as a result dont light up the road far enough infront of the car to give good visability.My dealer said they are self leveling and can't be adjusted any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Don't know about the Xenons, but my non-Xenons were also too low. They were adjusted "to spec", but that didn't seem correct, so I asked my dealer to raise them (regardless of "spec"). Made a little bit of difference.

Another interesting thing is that the non-Xenons are so dim anyway, that I can often ride with my high beams on and no one "blinks" me...

·
Registered
793 Posts
The xenon's have to be adjustable even if self-leveling!

There should be 3 screws there somewhere to make adjustments.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I don't think they are self-leveling. I've never seen them move, unlike my wife's lexus HID lights.

·
Registered
357 Posts
There is no provision for adjustment on the xenons. It sounds crazy but there it is. You could lower the rear of the car, or raise the front..... but who the heck would want to do that. I have the same complaint about range on the xenons. What's the point of having blazing white light that only illuminates right in front of the car? Adding some driving lights seems the solution but I hate the idea of cluttering the front of the car when it just shouldn't be necessary. Maybe night vision goggles would do the trick :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I note that the guy who posted that did not actually adjust his lights. I look forward to a report from somebody who actually does this. The manual says they are not adjustable, though it does seem reasonable that there must've been some provision for installation alignment..

·
Registered
201 Posts
His post says he adjusted the lights himself :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xenon Lights

Thanks for the feedback sounds like a flashlight may be the answer.I am going away tomorrow but will try taking the wheel and wheelwell off next week and see what i can find out.Anymore info would help but I will report my findings and try to bring the materati out of the dark age.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Had a few problems with my Xenons a number of months back in that they did not self level when turned on - they should automatically rise to the correct hight. Fixed under warranty but I believe the actuator was located on one of the rear shocks. I also had them adjust the beam hight whilst they were at it and now have dipped beam which is just about useable. Don't know how they did it but they are clearly adjustable. Of course in the process they managed to get full beam completely out, but rarely use this in any event!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does anyone else think that the high beams are yellow and weak? Are the high beams with xenon headlamps just regular bulbs? If so, could a person just do an upgrade on the bulbs with appropriate wiring, relays and fuses? Or are they all part of the xenon? Mine look really brown compared to the low beam.

xraygun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts