Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your opinions please...I'm ready to pull the trigger on either:
tubi rear muffers or
x-ost rear mufflers with center resonator replacement.

I don't need such a loud exhaust it annoys the wife/neighbors, rather just a sportier one that I can enjoy listening to myself. I'm afraid of the annoying resonances reported with the tubi system. Assume for the sake of the discussion the cost is dead even between the two, installed. Also, any issues with warranty (still have a year left) with these two systems? The car is a 2004 cambiocorsa coupe.

Yep, I've read all the postings here and at the ferrari forum re: exhausts but still value your latest opinions!
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
What annoying resonances?

I have a coupe with all stock exhaust components except the cans, which I upgraded to Tubi's. I believe my Tubi's are the louder (race) variety. I LOVE THEM. If by resonance you mean that you can hear them more at certain RPM's than others, that's true. I actually like that, and look for ways to stay in that rev range (which is actually quite low in the "normal driving" rpm range). Though expensive, I have absolutely no regrets. I am constantly getting compliments from people-even the jaded ones at the dealer-as to how good the car sounds. Once generation Y type at the dealer encouraged me to go with straight pipes from the cats back for an even better sound. Just my two cents. Good luck. As my wife would say, whether to go with the X-Ost or Tubi is a "First World Problem."

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
decisions, decisions

Yep, life will continue no matter what type of mufflers I choose, but either is kinda expensive, so don't want to make a mi$take that I will later regret. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe X-Ost will be a bit more raw and loud.

It seems on FerrariChat Tubi's are becoming Passe and XOst seems to be quite popular now.

On the Maser, I would get a Tubi, on a Ferrari XOst

Do a search on FChat, there are sound clips of both on a 550 Maranello (very different car but you can hear the delta).

-dsd

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
x-ost

Wil, I've already emailed you from Orlando a few days ago and will likely go for the x-ost. Sometime in June when I have the time to drive down and back again.

After surfing most Ferrari/Maserati forums and looking at the feedback, I think the x-ost will be best for me as sometimes Tubi seems to give a resonance at low RPM that many find annoying.

I'll try to get video/audio of the car before/after so that others can compare.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's what I thought, but just in case I posted the link.

Wil, I've already emailed you from Orlando a few days ago and will likely go for the x-ost. Sometime in June when I have the time to drive down and back again.

After surfing most Ferrari/Maserati forums and looking at the feedback, I think the x-ost will be best for me as sometimes Tubi seems to give a resonance at low RPM that many find annoying.

I'll try to get video/audio of the car before/after so that others can compare.

·
Registered
660 Posts
TBH my choice if you're not on the loud-loud side of things (but want more growl and a all-rounded sound at low revs, whilst not intrusive at high revs) go for a Larini. Period. From there one you have Quicksilver, Fuchs, Tubi...

Larini would be my choice. Just my 2c.

·
Registered
518 Posts
TBH my choice if you're not on the loud-loud side of things (but want more growl and a all-rounded sound at low revs, whilst not intrusive at high revs) go for a Larini. Period. From there one you have Quicksilver, Fuchs, Tubi...

Larini would be my choice. Just my 2c.
I haven't heard the Larini but I love my Quicksilver Sport and am adding thier midpipe in the next month or so

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
warranty

I'm still not sure if changing the exhaust will hurt the warranty. I have to ask later in the month when I drop my car for service at Maserati Orlando.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have the tubi

and love it.
it is not too loud and to me, when revving, the sound is delightful. sort of like a baritone ferrari. I have heard other vehicles with the x-ost and I prefer the tubi. It will do more for you on resale (if aftermarket parts can do anything) and it does not void your warranty.
tubi.........
sounds nice as well...no?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
resonance?

Dipakp: Any bothersome resonance with windows up at low or cruising rpm's? Do you have a coupe or a spyder. Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have an

02 coupe
No resonance per se but I have dynamat and hushmat is all doors and under the floor
The only think is when you let up on the throttle there is sort of a baritone gurgle. That being said I love the sound and am very happy with the performance.let me know if I can be of more help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bummed

Per my local dealership service manager, putting Tubi's on will void the warranty re any CEL problem or emmissions related problems.
Crap.

·
Registered
177 Posts
really?

i am very surprised.
i had mine put on by the local dealership and they stated no wearranty problems with it.....
from what i understand, it is avery specific to the dealer- i am sure if the dealer put them in for you they would be more inclined to look the other way on warranty issues.
sorry to mislead you.
-d

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also, they will install but the price installed is about $1000 more than an independant place a few hours from here.

What about buying a pair of used original mufflers on ebay for a hundred bucks and taking out the guts and just putting a straight pipe in there? Straight pipe in congnito?

·
Registered
177 Posts
sounds complicated to

me.
but i guess you could try it.
i am sure there are other with more experience in these areas.
good luck.
the other option is to "shop" the job to another dealer and see if you get a better deal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts