Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Ready to buy a CC or GS. Cash in hand. Decision is cash for 02 or 03 with low miles, finance a small percentage of a newer CC or even possibly lease a new GS. So many decisions.....

Called Boardwalk and spoke with Jannifer (do NOT make the mistake of calling her Jennifer!) Anyway, told her my situation and was told "come in during business hours. I don't know if we've ever leased one". She didn't take my name, number or anything. "bye" click.....

:confused:

·
Registered
835 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
...Called Boardwalk and spoke with Jannifer (do NOT make the mistake of calling her Jennifer!) Anyway, told her my situation and was told "come in during business hours. I don't know if we've ever leased one". She didn't take my name, number or anything. "bye" click.....:confused:
I would walk in on tuesday and show her the promotion letter.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I would tell her to...well...it wouldn't be nice. I'd ask to speak with the dealership sales manager, explain how you were treated. They will usually overcompensate to try to assuage your concerns.

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you still do not recieve satisfaction you can always buy elsewhere and get it serviced there or elsewhere.

I hate it when dealers think they are the only game. I will cut my nose to spite my face and I will certainly buy for a diiferent dealer if given cause.

-dsd

·
Registered
54 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
OK. Ready to buy a CC or GS. Cash in hand. Decision is cash for 02 or 03 with low miles, finance a small percentage of a newer CC or even possibly lease a new GS. So many decisions.....

Called Boardwalk and spoke with Jannifer (do NOT make the mistake of calling her Jennifer!) Anyway, told her my situation and was told "come in during business hours. I don't know if we've ever leased one". She didn't take my name, number or anything. "bye" click.....

:confused:
Interesting, I was actually told to talk to Jennifer/Jannifer (whatever her name is) from a friend in the leasing business when I was looking at Maserati's. If you're serious about leasing, I can give you a name of someone who can find you a car anywhere in the country and not just what they have at the dealership.

Anyway, I went to see her and she said she'd call someone else out to help me because she was 'busy' in her office, doing who knows what. The other gentlemen (can't remember his name, his office was to the right when you walk in) there was very nice and gave me a fair price on an '06 GT, but I ended up buying an '04 CC Coupe from Park Place instead. Interestingly enough, the person I bought my '04 Coupe no longer works at Park Place - go figure!

Good luck!

·
Registered
390 Posts
dsd said:
I hate it when dealers think they are the only game.
That's the issue with these dealers...in most cases they ARE the only game, and years of selling cars that people lined up to buy has given them the attitude that they're doing you a favor--because until the past few years their biggest problem was that they couldn't get enough stock (of Ferraris). So they WERE doing you a favor by selling you a car.

The DAY I heard about the F430 I put in an order...I was 400th on the wait list. Meaning 400 people had to cancel for me to be able to buy one. When you have a product in that high a demand you don't need to cater to the customer.

The introduction of Maserati is changing things now though. Now they have a car they actually have to SELL, so the dealers are acting differently and trying to make customers happy. The Auto Gallery actually moved their service department to a new location so they could expand it to fill the demand. Beverly Hills, on the other hand, maintains their undersized service department and still has 6 week+ waits for service. Dollars will move to where there is the capacity to accept them, and things will change, but it will take time for old traditions to die.

Girls with names like that are generally annoying anyways. "No no it's 'Aaaaahndrea'." Yeah ok Anndrea. LOL

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andrew said:
I have no idea about TX geography but you might also try http://www.parkplacetexas.com/

I have spoken with Llewyn Jobe a few times and recommend giving him a call.
I checked Park Place's web site and they don't have a very large inventory. I'm so frustrated!

·
Registered
681 Posts
BeeYouZeeZee said:
I checked Park Place's web site and they don't have a very large inventory. I'm so frustrated!
Dealers usually have access to more inventory than you may think. The cars that they have are consignment cars and their cars but they also have a very large list of customers and say you want a 2005 Spyder in Yellow with cambiocorsa, they may have a customer with one and they can call him and see if he's interested in selling. I would still call Park Place if you have not already, they seem very friendly and may be able to find you a car outside of their inventory.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have bought 2 Benzes and the new GT Coupe from Park Place. I also have had a few experiences with their service and body shop. They are dynamite and know almost every Maser in DFW. Karl Chiao worked with me on the Maser. Great Guy! 214-443-8269. Cant recommend the service and body shop enough either!:cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
dsd said:
If you still do not recieve satisfaction you can always buy elsewhere and get it serviced there or elsewhere.
-dsd
eh, I'm pretty sure dealerships make way more money servicing cars than selling them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
F. Yu said:
eh, I'm pretty sure dealerships make way more money servicing cars than selling them.
I believe you are correct, however, salepeople don't get commission on service :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts