Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have reentered the Maserati Family with a 2006 GS. Would be interested in buying X or H-pipes from Larini or Fabspeed valved mufflers as well as possible Formula Dynamics components such as the DBW and ECU upgrade. Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Gransport
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. When I posted this I forgot that the GS has an x-pipe rather than the mid muffler section of the Coupe. Not sure any x-pipe would really make any difference on a GS over the stock x-pipe.

Wonder if the different x-pipe designs impact the tone though.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks. When I posted this I forgot that the GS has an x-pipe rather than the mid muffler section of the Coupe. Not sure any x-pipe would really make any difference on a GS over the stock x-pipe.

Wonder if the different x-pipe designs impact the tone though.
You can influence the sound quite a bit with different x-pipe designs, but the headers will make the biggest diffference.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lambertius - very useful. I had larini 'non-valved' mufflers and h pipe on my coupe and it was a bit too loud but I loved the F1 sound. The GS in stock form is a bit too mild so thinking of finding a used set of the larini 'valved' mufflers. Any thoughts on any other 'valved' brand mufflers - I want to option of quieting down around town.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks lambertius - very useful. I had larini 'non-valved' mufflers and h pipe on my coupe and it was a bit too loud but I loved the F1 sound. The GS in stock form is a bit too mild so thinking of finding a used set of the larini 'valved' mufflers. Any thoughts on any other 'valved' brand mufflers - I want to option of quieting down around town.
The GS mufflers are great if you still want to be polite to the neighbours. If you do the headers and centre they're going to be good enough with the valves closed and less aggressive with the valves opened.

I'm modifying my Larini mufflers to make them quieter with the valves closed so there is a bigger difference between open and closed. However, if you want the valved Larini mufflers I'd be happy to part with them and I'll just make my own muffler from scratch.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will keep your Larini's in mind when ready but shipping to US may be cost prohibitive. Question though, are the Larini valves pneumatic as well so they operate as OEM with the sport button ?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Will keep your Larini's in mind when ready but shipping to US may be cost prohibitive. Question though, are the Larini valves pneumatic as well so they operate as OEM with the sport button ?
That's right, the valves are acutated with the sport button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts