Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a long shot, but if anyone knows of a wrecked 4.2l anywhere, please let me know. I'm looking for the intake manifold to send out and have polished. Shop that does most of my powdercoating and polishing told me about 2 weeks, I'd rather not have 2 weeks downtime and just do a swap.

TIA

Ron

·
Registered
202 Posts
i don't know where you are, but i know that around L.A. there are a lot of crashed coupes in junk yards. just look around.

i got a part for my car that cost $850 at the dealer and i payed $200 for it. (in perfect condition)

-willie

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you try MCI (Maserati Club International)? Last time I was down there, Kerry had indicated they had a complete 4200 engine. Not sure if they still have it or not. If not, he might know of someone that does. Their number is (253) 833-2598. Ask for Stuart or Jeff.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, I'm in Philly so I can't just drop in. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they'll part out an engine.

Ron

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MY different part #'s?

Jalpa_Mike said:
Did you try MCI (Maserati Club International)? Last time I was down there, Kerry had indicated they had a complete 4200 engine. Not sure if they still have it or not. If not, he might know of someone that does. Their number is (253) 833-2598. Ask for Stuart or Jeff.

They have an engine for core parts, but it's an '02 and my dealer has a different part number for '02 and '05 intake manifolds. Has anyone here had any firsthand experience in taking either one out of a car and maybe able to offer some insight on the part numbers (hoping it's just a cosmetic difference and it'll still work)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts