Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I love my GranSport, but since I now have another high-tech automated-clutch fast car (DCT BMW M5) I'm now looking to switch up to a more pure stick-shift Maserati.

Looking for a 2005-2006 Coupe. Will buy or trade my GranSport.

Registered
I've heard that the Oerlikon-Graziano 'box is not super-smooth by way of shift feel. BTW, I corresponded with an independent repairer in the UK and he said that he sees more synchro ills with manual ferrari's with this 'box than with the F1 versions of the same 'box. Mebe more of a comment on individuals' prowess at shifting properly than anything else though (and indeed - different genre of car and typical driver). I think his comment reflects as well that the QP5's he mostly sees (same 'box) are largely run in Normal / auto-mode... 'real hard on clutch / comparatively easy on synchro's (800 ms shift speed) - though not as easy as I am with my double-declutching 馃槉 .

Registered
To the OP: it's a shame your GS never came with the latest Cambiocorsa/Duoselect Sofast3+ software, further enhanced in the 2007 QP5 S-GT's arrangement - best of all of the automated-manual cars, I think (tho maybe not better than the Challenge Stradale Ferrari or Scuderia?). It seems to me that the Cambio/Duoselect/F1 trans is more of a challenge to fully learn than a regular 6MT car is 馃槓. I'm told that it CAN be driven smoothly in all traffic situations - but it is challenging to really master.... to say nothing of the proactive maintenance required to keep it healthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts