Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the silver one and really love the black version. Is it crazy to look into wrapping the car just because I prefer black over the silver one? Does anyone know anything about this process? But, the silver is easier to upkeep.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Should have bought the black one

·
Registered
Me: ‘17 Granturismo Sport + Urutu X-Pipe + 2 child seats Wife: ‘17 Levante + 2 child seats + 2 dogs
105 Posts
Expect to pay about $3,000 - $5,000 for a wrap. Plastidip spray can be done by a shop for <$1,500. My wife wanted hers black too as opposed to the maroon; but they made an offer I couldn’t refuse!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mines silver and I wrapped it black for $2400 I think. I took it off after a year. You can never replicate black paint. In cloudy day you can’t tell difference but on sunny day the black is more olive with some greenish brown hues. Avery top grade material. Only wrap if you want it to look like a wrap. Like satin or other sheens. Don’t go gloss black. You will hate it on sunny days. Wasted my money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U
Expect to pay about $3,000 - $5,000 for a wrap. Plastidip spray can be done by a shop for <$1,500. My wife wanted hers black too as opposed to the maroon; but they made an offer I couldn’t refuse!
That was my situation, too worth a good offer for the silver one.
I am having second thoughts about the black one now. Not sure how I feel about trying matte black.
Thanks everyone. I would love to see pics of any that are wrapped.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mines silver and I wrapped it black for $2400 I think. I took it off after a year. You can never replicate black paint. In cloudy day you can’t tell difference but on sunny day the black is more olive with some greenish brown hues. Avery top grade material. Only wrap if you want it to look like a wrap. Like satin or other sheens. Don’t go gloss black. You will hate it on sunny days. Wasted my money.
Actually you can replicate. Not with vinyl wrap, but with a good liquid wrap. They are so advanced today you can get different finishes and you can even get it clear coat layered to the point you can wet sand and even polish it like it was paint. Best of all, not permanent and very durable! Colors are also limitless. The benefit of vinyl is to achieve finishes you couldn't with liquid. Ie satin, chrome and patterns (like camo).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, justspeed, that is good to know! I am a little more content with my color now because I’m not able to get to the car wash.
When I had the black Levante I was at the car wash so frequently that I even knew all the workers’ names.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No sweat! If you ever consider a wrap, keep in mind that with vinyl, you may have seams visible or corners that peal over time if they weren't tucked into the edges properly. Temperature and moisture will affect parts of the wrap over time as well, which is where liquid wraps may be a better choice. Again of course, depending on your desired finish (y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely! No you happen to have any pics, it doesn’t have to be black. When I was in the shower I had a beautiful Matte baby blue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts