Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Finally, I picked up my GS fm the dealer yesterday! I fully enjoyed driving w/ the GS yesterday ... hard to explain my feeling, GS really surpasses Porsche 996 (my ex-lover) and it really sounds like a Ferrari w/ the sport mode button on!

BTW, could I ask you guys a silly question. Should I press my foot onto the brake pedal while switching the key before pushing the START button? Also, should I put my foot onto the brake pedal firmly while turning off key to switch off the GS?

Many thanks :>
DMC

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats! post some pics of it! it is always refreshing to see a maserati in the streets of hk amongst all those porsches.
i dont think it makes a difference with the brake pedals depressed or not.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I believe you have to have your foot on the brake to start the car, and it's a good idea anyway with it switching to Neutral. I always have my foot on the brake when shutting it down too, because at a stop even if it's in gear, the clutch is disengaged and you could roll if you didn't pull the parking brake hard enough, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe you have to have your foot on the brake to start the car, and it's a good idea anyway with it switching to Neutral. I always have my foot on the brake when shutting it down too, because at a stop even if it's in gear, the clutch is disengaged and you could roll if you didn't pull the parking brake hard enough, etc.
+1 Same here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hello,

Finally, I picked up my GS fm the dealer yesterday! I fully enjoyed driving w/ the GS yesterday ... hard to explain my feeling, GS really surpasses Porsche 996 (my ex-lover) and it really sounds like a Ferrari w/ the sport mode button on!

BTW, could I ask you guys a silly question. Should I press my foot onto the brake pedal while switching the key before pushing the START button? Also, should I put my foot onto the brake pedal firmly while turning off key to switch off the GS?

Many thanks :>
DMC
DMC, congrats!
There are no silly questions, only silly German car owners.

·
Registered
246 Posts
One more observation. I always leave the car in gear when I turn it off. That way, the car won't move. I have found the parking brake to be marginally useful, and it has to be pulled extremely tight to get it to hold the car on even a slight incline/decline. Leaving the car in gear, plus the handbrake, assures the car won't move when turned off.
When you start the car back up (at least my 2003 Spyder) it automatically starts up in neutral while you have your foot on the brake. It won't start, or allow you to shift into reverse or forward without your foot on the brake pedal.
Mike

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Des, does this mean I will see you run around with your GS soon? We shd organise to meet up...

btw i did come across a black GS a few days ago near Pokfulam... was that you?

enjoy the sweetness... she will bring you plenty of pleasure. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys for all your advice! I'm gonna put more miles on the GS this weekend!

Vincent, it wasn't me last weekend!..Anyway, let's meet up some time in hk!

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts