Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lord knows I've had some harsh things to say about the design "issues" with my car. (2004 Coupe f1 20k miles) It got worse with me having to wait 4 weeks for a f1 harness. Well today the dealer called not only to tell me they are working on installing the F1 harness and adding a new battery free of charge, But the president herself called to "Make sure his car is gone over bumper to bumper" That's class and a company that cares about the customer. That call would never come from the president of G.M, Mercedes or Porsche (My last few cars) This is something I'll always remember. What did they say in the movie the Godfather, something like:) "Just when I got out..They pulled me back in" Car is no longer for sale.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just remember...

You're part of the Maserati family! Once you own one, you never go back because everything else is a step back.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know it sounds funny but it is a family

After my 1st car a 2002 coupe, I had a very short stint in a 2006-7 Cayman S. The Cayman is a very nice car, but far from a true exotic. It only took 5mo for me to trade it in on a 2005 GS. while I was at SFFM Brad (manager) said to me I will do what ever I can to get you back in the family, now I am on my third Maserati. If your at at the right dealer it can be a very good experience, I am treated with respect even though I am not looking at Ferrari's. Only good things to say Maserati of SF sales and service, they are a big part of why I only buy my cars from them.

Paul

·
Registered
513 Posts
We will have to add a Wikipedia entry`

Love Hate relationship-
Meaning, the relationship between Sd455 and his Maserati.

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
The only problem is with the consistency of their response and treatment of customers. Once they decide to acknowledge you, they usually do a very good job of resolving issues.

Maybe you've heard the addage:

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day. Tommorrow doesn't look good either.

Well Maserati is a little like this... but at least they do help. You just may have to wait your turn.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
BTW Jeff, don't mind me asking, but I was always curious as to your relationship with the boys from Modena. Do they help you in any way, ignore you or try to make your life difficult?

Just curious really ;)

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
We see them at events and such, they always come by to see us. They curiously watch and see what we're up to next as we do with them of course. No direct interference and so far no problems with us or our customers.

The worst I've heard was from a Ferrari / Maserati higher up who said:

"Why'a you want to change the Maserati? It'sa perfect!"
(Sorry for the poor accent and stereotype, but it was pretty funny to me!)

What I can say is that you'd be suprised how many dealers are now installing and selling our products. However they still work on the down low a bit to keep FMNA off their backs. Of course we support them very well also, so far (knock on wood), all is well and we're trying to keep it that way!

-- Jeff

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Thanks for the reply :)

The worst I've heard was from a Ferrari / Maserati higher up who said:

"Why'a you want to change the Maserati? It'sa perfect!"
(Sorry for the poor accent and stereotype, but it was pretty funny to me!)
Oi!
We canna **** very gud Ingleesh, yoo no!

;)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I am non-plussed. My dealer is great, especially the service dept.

MNA, not so sure - read my story of my seat cover issue: http://www.magnetosport.com/seat/

It had an ok ending, but the process was more protracted and more stressful (2 years....) than I would have expected for a circa $100k car. If they want to attract the Mercedes crowd with the GT, they will be dealing with even higher expectations than I had (Subaru level expectations).

Putting even the design of the car aside (I think you have to lower your expectations a bit for a quasi hand made car, part of the experience), every interaction I have had directly with MNA has been negative.

PS the replacement seat cover is showing NO SIGNS OF WEAR, after 5,000 miles ish, which certainly refutes Maseratis position that the wear on my original cover was normal. It clearly was a faulty part (poor dye job) and it took them two years to rectify it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
After my 1st car a 2002 coupe, I had a very short stint in a 2006-7 Cayman S. The Cayman is a very nice car, but far from a true exotic. It only took 5mo for me to trade it in on a 2005 GS. while I was at SFFM Brad (manager) said to me I will do what ever I can to get you back in the family, now I am on my third Maserati. If your at at the right dealer it can be a very good experience, I am treated with respect even though I am not looking at Ferrari's. Only good things to say Maserati of SF sales and service, they are a big part of why I only buy my cars from them.

Paul
A 2002 Coupe GT is my 5th Maserati. Love em' or hate em' I have had one since 1982. :D

·
Registered
78 Posts

Paul
i've certainly had a terrible experience at my dealership here in s.florida. - the level of care and service you get depends on where you live ... so if you want to continue to get pleasing service, then do not come to southeast florida!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts