Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay we all got it, the Italian fever, thats the reason why we bought these cars in the first place. We all have heard the bad news on how italian cars arent built like GERMAN cars, and blah blah blah.

SO i think we all must know or have figured out that yes the build quality is questionable, but the drving experience is waht we are after which no other manufacturer can do for us at this price range. Please tell me what other manufacturer can produce such a great vehicle with the level of confidence some of us dare to take in the corners, and interiors that have the craftsmanship that most manufacturers only dream of.

COme on if your complaining about the gas mileage, you might as well by a Prius or some other hybrid vehicle.

And yes there is this thing on service, this guys charge too much or this dealer doesnt give me the best service. Come on fellows we all bought into this boutique car mentality when we all wrote the check for this Maserati of ours. All of us know that when your buying a $100,000.00 car at other dealers you are buying the cream of the crop, however in our instance, we are actually buying at the bottom.

I am assuming most of us bought at the dealer where they have 180,000.00 dollar - 1,000,000.00 plus are plenty. SO all I say is suck it up, we are all men of pride, and lets just enjoy our vehicles for what they were meant for...

Driving with Passion!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think that the reason why some of us are not too happy is because the "service" that comes with a $100k car is about the same level as what you'd get from someone who bought a Prius. Dealers are not giving Maserati customers any respect.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are the Prius of Italian Cars in America

You are right we are the cheapest cars on the lot, when you see the service department, how uncommon is it to see a few F430 and a few 360 Modenas, and a few Scaglietti's a few 550's, and yes on occasion, the Enzo, so you know what, we all just have to accept the truth...

We are the cheapest cars of the bunch, and quite frankly they dont care.

As they say sometimes, the truth HURTS!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have to completely disagree with the "we are the cheapest car on the lot" reasoning. I think anyone who buys a car whether they are buying a Honda or Maserati has the right to expect respectful service and reasonable build quality.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Actually, timely post Hmb! All the bitchin' going around these days...

And my local dealers don't treat me like a second class citizen by far. I realize this can change with geography.

Anyway, after almost a year with my GS it has been far more reliable that my Cayenne Turbo or even my wife's Acura MDX. For that matter even my e46 M3 and 996 have been in the shop more days than the GS.

Have to admit that some of the reported issues seem serious though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Treated with Respect

I understand that all of us who use this forum, appreciate our cars and the wealth of knowledge that forums like these give us. But you know that every serious problem that we have with our Maseratis, every manufacturer has had the same with there cars.

I have owned a few cars all with there own special problems:

03 Acura TL - had a porous engine block, and transmission

04 Mercedes E55 - Dynamic seats had to go back 4 times for the same issue

04 Ferrari 360 - Slow down light kept coming on, they finally fixed it after 3 times.

06 GS - Electronis and some trim issues.

And of course all of these issues were handled with the warranty.

So im just saying theres light at the end of the tunnel, and dont get so riled up the next time you have to bring your car in for service.

Happy Driving!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually pretty happy

I have mine serviced at Reeves here in Tampa, FL, and they have been very accomodating, even despite the fact that I did not purchase the vehicle from them. Its just one data point, but things have been good thus far.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I don't think anyone's complaining without justification. I expect there to be some wierdness with the car. It's an exotic and it's Italian. Part of the "pride of ownership" is to be able to tell "you won't beleive" stories about parts, costs, and plain odd engineering.

What gripes me is the local dealer's attitude towards Maserati owners. They have more work than they can keep up with for Ferrari (there are WAY more of them in the area than there are Maserati), they get more money for working on Ferrari (355 & 348 have to drop the engine to change the belts), and they're used to dealing with posers that have more money than automotive brains.

Every time I've been in there, I've felt like nothing more than a walking wallet. It seems as if they don't mind lying right to my face and if I don't buy it, too bad, so sad - there's another sucker in line.

Whether you've got a Ford, or a Toyota, or a Maserati, you deserve better tratment than that.

The other problem is that the GOOD dealer in the area, is covered up with work because FMSV has alienated so many customers consequently it's hard to get an appointment with the knowledgeable and honest shop.

I don't mind that the cars have "character". I do mind being quoted triple the going rate for parts and services, or having unneeded repairs suggested because they think they can get away with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FMSF vs FMSV

Because of this forum and the comments on FMSV i wont even think of bringing my car to FMSV. So in this case, this forum has really helped me avoid the heartache if i did bring the car there. I think us here in the Bay Area are more upset at the type of service we get here because other posts on the service that our east coast maserati owners have said are mostly good things.

I guess we just have to find a good service shop to service our cars, so anyone have any ideas? and of course none of us want to void our warrties by going to an independent shop.

We are all caught between a rock and a hard place....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
having been on this forum for long enough to see that the ones who post are actually enjoying their cars more than they are complaining. (the ones who are really complaining left and started complaining in their MB, BMW, or Porsche forums).

for the maserati's, these complaints on a $80k+ vehicle are quite valid and would be totally unacceptable in this day and age in another german counterpart. i honestly do not mind seeing them share their experience in dealing with resolving the issue, especially in knowing how their dealer handle their issues.

just be happy these italians came with 4yr warranty and mileage that none of us cross over.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I know Sal Garcia of Waterfront Automobili does work on the newer Ferraris. He also has a lot of the ODB equipment for Ferrari. Seems he should be able to do some work on Maseratis. His contact info is:

415-861-2223
ferraridoctor AT sbcglobal.net

In the future it might be worth while to give him a call and see if he can help. I've have nothing but good things to say about him.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've been very happy dealing with Gino @ FMSF in Marin (San Rafael). The problem is that they're backlogged because of everyone POed at FMSV.

They're also 50+ miles North across the Golden Gate - FMSV is a 10 minute drive away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've not had my QP long, but the dealer can't do enough to help.

I have a dealer 60 miles away, but I choose the one 300 miles away because they are familiar, very well known, I bought the car from them and I believe are the 2nd biggest Ferrari dealer in the World (atm) Its not uncommon to see 3-4 Enzos, an MC12, 3 F40s....... the place is amazing, and they treat all customers alike.

With all servicing covered till 30k miles, It'l be about time for another new QP then. So I couldnt be happier with my Maserati, sure beats the VW Phaeton I had before for reliability.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Well....my dealer experiences (Algar in Philadelphia) have all been outstanding. Also, I drive the car like it was meant to be driven. I swear that babying a car turns it into a weakling, so don't be afraid to run 'er up to 7499 RPMs a couple times a day...and don't be afraid to let it breathe on the open road. If something breaks, that'll suck, but I know that it will eventually get fixed and I'll be enjoying it once again. So far, so good. Most of the issues have been things like minor rattles, radio reception, etc...which are outweighed ten zillion percent by the positives.

·
Registered
773 Posts
my maserati

good reliablty, dealers make a big difference. columbus was an awful experance, all this out of my pocket! warranty gone. cincinnati too new, while chicago is far away, they got every thing done, as all should. enjoy this great time, spring is here.

·
Registered
196 Posts
"Buy what you can afford,
Fix what you can.
And remember, if you had all the money that you spent on cars, you would spend it all on cars."

Not my own, but I liked it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LiTTLE BABIES!!!!!!!!

The Italian Need To Do Some Staff Training With The Germans On How To Deliver A 300.000k Car. I Recently Purchased A Qp Picked It Up From My Dealer.ihad To Tell Them To Cleen My Ball Polished Wheels Before I Drove It Out Of The Showroom .that Was The Start Of A Very Stressful Relationship........im Still In Theropy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts