Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throughout negotiations i was told that the warranty on my 07 QP started running in Nov 2007. Now after papers are signed and checks sent it turns out that it started running in Nov 2006. So i have a full year less warranty than expected. I said that i wanted an extended warranty from Maserati or at least the dealer.

Cancel the check?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Absolutely. Play hardball now: cancel the check, void the sale, and make them renegotiate the deal. Tell them to come back to the table with the warranty beginning April 4 because of their disingenuous horseshit.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If the car is great....

Then forget the last year of warranty and have fun driving.. There is no way to tell the future, so the warranty over that last year could save you thousands and it might not save you one penny.... If the car is in great condition, and you love it, get on with life and enjoy the car!

·
Registered
242 Posts
A deal is a deal. If they told you warranty for 4 years starting Nov. 07, then they should make sure you get that. If not, walk or turn-your lawyer on to them. If they had any sense, they would give you an extended warranty and make the issue go away.

Is this BS from a Maserati dealer??

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
exactly as alfa_tiv says.
do not trust a year extended warranty 'from the dealer'...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Before you cancel that check you had best get legal advice on your local criminal statues.

You could end up buying a whole lot more problems for doing that then worrying about another year's warranty!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Enough of the litigous bs already! It's a friggin car and there are plenty more of them out there to be had. Just go back to the dealer and request that they renegotiate the final numbers or risk losing a sale. It sounds like to me that you are buying a brand-new '07 that the dealer "punched" in order to receive incentives from the manufacturer, if that's the case you should be in a pretty good position to get what you are asking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enough of the litigous bs already! It's a friggin car and there are plenty more of them out there to be had. Just go back to the dealer and request that they renegotiate the final numbers or risk losing a sale. It sounds like to me that you are buying a brand-new '07 that the dealer "punched" in order to receive incentives from the manufacturer, if that's the case you should be in a pretty good position to get what you are asking for.
Thats exactly what happened. Although they told me that it was punched in Nov of 2007 (even wrote it on the sticker) then said it was a "missprint."

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Listen to Derek...

He works for the dealer here in Denver, knows what he is talking about and as for the lawyers, geez, get a grip...

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's a term used in the car business, when a car is "punched" the warranty clock starts to tick. Many manufacutrers give dealers financial incentives to punch their inventory in effect creating better sales numbers than reality.

·
Registered
513 Posts
if you spend 10 mins reading prior posts you'd realize

how valuable 1 more year of warranty is.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The question you should be asking yourself (not to mention the dealer's general manager and MNA) is: Why would anyone want to do business with a dealer like that?

Unless there's a lot more to the dealer's side of the story, you should consider identifying the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After asking nicely twice, and one threat, the car should be delivered tonight with an extended warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Legal aint always the answer. . . . what ever happened to your word?

You were the only one at the table. The biggest question (even before legal) that always comes to mind in making a deal is can I rely on the other party to keep their word. Obviously, the paperwork is essential because . . . well . . . . people die. To wit, when you guys did the deal did he make an honest mistake or calculated disclosure? If the saleperson did just make a mistake and is worth his weight, the correction shouldn't even be a negotiation . . . rather that should've been a given i.e., "oops let me take care of that." If you have (or had) to renegoitiate a "mistake" before the purchase, I'd hate to be in your shoes in the future for those things that are negotiable like special service considerations?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You were the only one at the table. The biggest question (even before legal) that always comes to mind in making a deal is can I rely on the other party to keep their word. Obviously, the paperwork is essential because . . . well . . . . people die. To wit, when you guys did the deal did he make an honest mistake or calculated disclosure? If the saleperson did just make a mistake and is worth his weight, the correction shouldn't even be a negotiation . . . rather that should've been a given i.e., "oops let me take care of that." If you have (or had) to renegoitiate a "mistake" before the purchase, I'd hate to be in your shoes in the future for those things that are negotiable like special service considerations?
Its not a special consideration. The dealership is servicing the car (to keep the currnent warranty good) and paying for and extended warranty program through Maserati.

http://www.maseratiamerica.com/MaseratiMonthly/23/MM_23_CommuniqueC.aspx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts