Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at modifying stock exhaust to sound like the granturismo s and the gts, by adding a valve and straight pipe into the stock muffler

this way you would retain quiet drone free stock and loud at a click of a button or via rpm`s

o yeah and it wouldnt cost $4000-$5000

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds interesting... I was considering something similar with a local custom fabrication shop, but hesitate because of the uncertain outcome.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I went to a local custom muffler shop and got myself an x-pipe, midpipes, 2 resonators and muffler delete with quad 3.5 inch tips at a resonable price. The sound is amazing and zero drone so far. I will take some videos with the go-pro and post up here.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where in CA are you located Jatt? I'm near San Francisco, and it would be nice to hear your system...
I am located in Sacramento and i have a go pro that i can use to post up some videos. But if you want to meet up and listen to it in person, that sounds great also. I am a fairly new owner and i wasn't sure about going the custom route on the exhaust and was saving up for Larini x-pipe and Larini mufflers. But i came across another 2007 quattroporte owner with the custom x-pipe and resonators with muffler delete and i knew instantly that this was the setup and the sound i was looking for (weight savings, a great clean no drone sound, and 1/5 the price ).

This is the local shop i went to: (if you look at the gallery, you will see other owner's quattroporte )

Photo Gallery : Muffler Tech Sacramento

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would be interested in hearing more about this,.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Trying to get a nice startup and drive by sound/video clip. Past weekend was rainy/super breezy, will try this coming weekend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do u have sounds clips

Where in CA are you located Jatt? I'm near San Francisco, and it would be nice to hear your system...
I am located in Sacramento and i have a go pro that i can use to post up some videos. But if you want to meet up and listen to it in person, that sounds great also. I am a fairly new owner and i wasn't sure about going the custom route on the exhaust and was saving up for Larini x-pipe and Larini mufflers. But i came across another 2007 quattroporte owner with the custom x-pipe and resonators with muffler delete and i knew instantly that this was the setup and the sound i was looking for (weight savings, a great clean no drone sound, and 1/5 the price ).

This is the local shop i went to: (if you look at the gallery, you will see other owner's quattroporte )

Photo Gallery : Muffler Tech Sacramento

1 - 12 of 12 Posts