Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 Biturbo Convertible and the varnish on the wood on the doors has started bubbling. I know how to refinish the wood but I need some advice on the how to remove the trim pieces from the door. Any help would be appreciated. I know they are real thin so I want to make sure they don't crack or break when I remove them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 87 Biturbo Convertible and the varnish on the wood on the doors has started bubbling. I know how to refinish the wood but I need some advice on the how to remove the trim pieces from the door. Any help would be appreciated. I know they are real thin so I want to make sure they don't crack or break when I remove them.

Thanks!

You have to remove the entire door panel first to access where the wood piece is fastened. The wood venere is mounted to a thin metal frame that is fastened to the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them off and now to figure out the best way to refinish them. I'm thinking I may just replace the burlwood if I can find it. I've checked out a couple of places on the internet.

Has anyone found a place that sells the burlwood veneer? These are very thin pieces of wood.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts