Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking at the QP Sport GT, which one looks better: wood grain or black carbon fiber. I have not seen the carbon fiber first hand. Does it maintain its look and does it say luxury like the wood does? Is one considered better than the other?

·
Registered
206 Posts
CF is quite easy to maintain.
Wood is more luxury while CF is sporty, IMHO.

I would go with CF on a QP Sport GT, but that's me.

It's your call and what you like after all.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the CF in my black SportGT and dig it. Very easy to maintain.

·
Registered
716 Posts
it depends on the color of the car and the interior color. For me the carbon fiber is much more sporty than the wood trim as seen from the pix below.
Personally i do not like the dark walnut look. To each their own.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
+1 on spyder13 comment.
personally i feel the lighter leathers does not go well with CF.
you asked whether it says luxury as wood does. i think it says more sport than luxury.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have the burlwood package on my black vintage Spyder. I am usually a hard core performnce type guy but I have grown to love the wood and beige leather set up. It looks like a throw back to the 60's - like a vintage Ferrari california spyder - old school italian man!

·
Registered
12 Posts
As said before, lighter leathers tend to go better with wood than with CF. On black, however, CF looks brilliant. When I bought my GT, my dealer had an 08 Sport GTS in Nero Carbonio with Nero leather, Rosso stitching, and CF. It looked absolutely amazing. There aren't really any care issues that go with both. It really just has to do with pleasing yourself. If you have any sort of tan or light colored leather (except for rosso corallo), go for wood. If you have black, go for CF hands down; it's classy but keeps a very sporty edge.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
+1 patelli.

i believe as a matter of fact, black/red stitching/CF was the color used in many of the official promotional shots for the Sport GT and Sport GTS.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've seen several combos... I think it depends on the color of the car and the leather. The Black QP Sport GT with black leather and carbon fiber looked great. And like M mentioned above, lighter leather looks good with wood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts