Maserati Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
5,880 Posts
Yeah, the car maybe being possibly being wrecked is a huge detail in something like this. The communication with both of the modules on that old of car is gonna be serial...One line..You should have continuity from one of the ECUs wires back up to the diag. connector from each module...Jason

·
Registered
31 Posts
here is the wiring pinout for skyhook, ignore the color codes, it changes from year to year, but the pin locations remain the same. this is for the connector at the module.
are you sure the mechanic is using the Ferrari/Maserati SD2 scan tool? To my knowledge, it is absolutely not possible to access ABS or skyhook with other scan tools and SD2 is a $30,000 tool + annual subscription charges.
keep us posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok, So car is going into another indie where 3 co-owners are all ex Ferrari / Maserati mechanics. Have a high end auto electrician also booked in.

Car goes on on 9th October. So will post outcomes once I get feedback from the latest round of investigations.

Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
The closest wiring diagram for Skyhook I was able to find is in the 3200GT manuals that you can download. The 3200 had mechanical shock settings, not electronic, but the general layout is probably the same. The Skyhook ECU is in the trunk on the left side and the 3200GT diagram has a diagnostic connector. I've found what looks like the connector on my 4200 Spyder. Now god knows what that connector says. Try taking it to someone who knows Magneride systems.

Rereading OP comments are all the shock's wiring connected and not damaged? Wire at top of shock above 15 in "Opt. Sport Version" insert in this diagram https://www.ricambiamerica.com/car-...suspension-shock-absorber-and-brake-disk.html

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks Tony

Goes into the shop today. So will post any findings over the coming days as they come to hand.

·
Super Moderator
5,012 Posts
Best to start your own thread, chap. This one is 4 years old :)

C

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a GS Spyder also was hit right fronte side and I have an issue with an airbag light and skyhook suspension not working( shocks stay soft) go hard when unplugged.
How do you check the wiring without the SD3 ?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts