Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've had 3 indies look at my 06 gransport spyder and all of their diagnostic tools cannot talk to my MSP and Skyhooks modules. The diagnostic tool can talk to all other parts of the car. Even a genuine Maserati diagnostic tool could not talk to the car.

One indie has spent a lot of time checking the normal stuff, and have even removed replaced and tested the ABS module which is the usual suspect I'm told for this problem.

So right now I have the 2 warning lights on my dash and have no traction control (yes can be fun :smile2:) and no skyhooks.

I need help please in locating the wiring for Skyhooks and MSP so I can have an auto electrician re run, or at least look for breaks in the wiring.

Can anyone help pleeeease?

Thanks
AHB

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'll be watching this thread as I'm having the same issue. Abs and msp lights and the scan tool won't communicate with the abs module. It will communicate with the skyhook module, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Dumb question, but have the modules been swapped for known good ones?

C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
on my car only the abs module has been swapped over to test. But you may raise a really good point. Though on a car that's only traveled 40,000kms seems unlikely that I'm unlucky for both modules to go?!?!? (yes kms :) I'm in Australia)

I'll contact some salvage yards and see what these modules cost?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All

So been doing more digging and talking to my main mechanic. So in part I've learnt that I've misunderstood some of the symptoms. And have more info. So basically re-starting this thread.

2006 Maserari gransport spyder. (how rare are these?!?!!?!!!)

Diagnostic tool talking to all parts of the car excluding the below

A) No communication with suspension to ABS
B) No communication to traction control
C) Can't recall if comms to airbag or not?

Have attached a photo of the warning lights on the dash

* ABS module swapped over and working on another car, and another ABS module that is known to work place in my car with no change.
* No ABS warning - ABS works
* No airbag warning - hope they work?!

Traction control is part of the ABS module, so can't be replaced by itself, or so I'm told.

Can only replace the suspension module, which I will look to do.

Still looking for a wiring diagram if anyone can flick me one?

OR

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
MSP is not ABS, it is ABS & TCS & ESC and probably more. it is not clear on maserati materials but 2002-2004 bearings with wheel speed sensors will not work on cars with MSP. the sensor output is incompatible.
it is often a sensor problem. does your speedometer work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I've been advised that all 4 wheel sensors were checked, and ok.

Speedo and odometer all working fine.

:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
both modules/systems going bad at the same time seems unlikely, I would check fuses and verify that both modules get proper power and ground. the most likely culprit is the fuse circuit that feeds them both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. Will need to wait a few weeks before I can get auto electrician to look at for me when he looks at other work. Will repost once I can the suggestion looked at.

I also have a suspension ECU being delivered tomorrow, so if I learn anything from this I'll post straight away too.

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So no real surprise. I installed the alternate suspension ECU and no change. So left with wiring and possibility of fuses as noted above.

Very disappointed that I'm not really any closer yet/

·
Registered
671 Posts
So no real surprise. I installed the alternate suspension ECU and no change. So left with wiring and possibility of fuses as noted above.

Very disappointed that I'm not really any closer yet/
My MSP was out and it turned out to be the yaw sensor located under the LCD display unit. But I got the reading from a dealer with the yaw sensor fault.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So fuses all checked. Again no surprise. Fuses all good front and rear. Relays NOT checked yet. Will do next weekend.

And still no wiring diagram unfortunately. I'm betting it will be wiring, but process of elimination it is at the moment. I'm running out of things it could be!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would check the fuses #11 , 22 and 25 under the passenger foot rest.
actually, i would recommend checking them all while you are there, skyhook does not seem to have a dedicated fuse, it is sharing its power circuit with some other system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These were all checked by indie early on. But just to be sure, I checked the fuses again located as per under carpet in passenger foot-well.

Guess what :) All fuses were good. Nothing to report back as being the problem.

5,917 Posts
Usually when you have no communication with several modules in a network, it is a problem with one of the modules...Depending on how the network is configured it will not allow communication past the faulty unit...It is not usually a wiring problem...I would try unplugging the skyhook and then try communication with the ABS and vice versus..Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jason

Both abs and skyhook modules have been swapped over for modules that have been tested as working out of other cars. The interesting thing NOW, is that we tested the relays, just pull out and push back in, and quad-triple checked fuses, and now I have a airbag warning light that's come up.

Also suspect that it may (and not 100% sure) that its been in an accident and repaired on the RHS near the door and front guard. (car has 100% been repainted on this side, but not sure if because of panel damage or if there was a scratch on the car and repainted for this?) The reason I bring this up is I wonder if a wire or something else may have been nicked on this side of the car??

Anyway, just about to give up and spend what ever it takes to have a high end auto electrician spend many hours on it and charge me an arm and a leg.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts