Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a wire looks like cap 5 with pone plug tucked up behind my rearview mirror. Anyone have any ideas, since i am 2nd owner. dealer has car now doing other service they said they would try to find out. anyone out there with am answer
thanks
peter

·
Registered
7 Posts
My guess would be that it is to power a Valentine 1 radar detector. They use a cat 3 phone connector for power. I believe just the two outside wires are used.

I have a similar wire hanging behind my mirror and that's what I use it for.

Jim V.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wire and phone plug

thanks jim
thought it might have a purpose like that, but never saw anyone use a phone plug at the end
peter

·
Registered
15 Posts
My guess is that the wire is there for cars with the "self-dimming" rearview mirror. My car actually has the wire connected to the back of the mirror. If you do not have that option than I imagine that you can easily figure out which wire is hot and which is ground and connect to a V1. I have a V1 installed but ran the RJ11 cable through the headliner and down the passenger side directly into the fuse box under the passenger foot compartment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
TylerCoupe
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing