Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the general Maserati care & detail sub-forum on another wiper blades thread there, but this may be more of a technical topic than it is cosmetic, and specific to the GTs, so I’ll repost it here ..

My blades are starting to deteriorate, leaving streaks and one even has a small split, so thought I'd give the Trico Force ones a try; they're very cheap ( < $ 15 each ) so I'm a little apprehensive about the quality, but if they don't do a good job I'll just replace them with Bosch or Icon or similar higher grade brand. Trico appears to be the easiest ones in terms of switching with the OE blades - no mods needed, simple pop out the old pop in the new ( I hope I'm not wrong..) so we'll see. Amazon purchase . The site's car match ( 2013 GTs ) showed a 26 " left and a 17" right , so I trust that's correct .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Why cheap out on wipers? I know they're kinda robbing us with the OEM prices, but it's not a fortune, and those small spoilers that you only get on the OEM ones help. Even more, I know they seem just a piece of rubber, but the quality of the cheap ones really leaves to be desired and they might trap dust and debris more easily than quality ones, and you'll end up with a scratched windshield.
At least go with Bosch or Valeo if $50 for a set of OEM wipers at Scuderia seems too much.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went for the easiest to install ( as I understood it , perhaps incorrectly ) never factored in the price , but they just happened to be cheap .. from what I read just about every other after market blade needs some retrofit mod, and that it can be a bit of a pain as a DIY job.
$ 50 or $ 60 a set for really good blades would be no problem, if they’re just a quick slide in and click in place job, but on the other hand I’m not willing to throw away money for dealer OE blades at what I was told was $ 170 set...$ 186 with tax lol. Yes there are vast differences in the quality of any given rubber composite , but one of the members on the care and detail subforum indicated the Trico are doing a great job on his car, so I figured for $ 30 , if they last just one rainy season it’s plenty .

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I replaced mine with OEM. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but it retains the factory look and that's important to me.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, i'm going OEM too! Some things you just need to bite the bullet on, to me this is one of them (y)

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Wiper blades have become a big PITA lately as a lot of cars want OE wiper blades...Those are way over priced...You literally just kinda dig around and see what fits...The passenger blade is usually not a problem to match...The driver's blade with a spoiler can be more difficult...If you want the spoiler...I would probably just get OE ones rather than make yourself bat shit crazy with fitment issues...Jason

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m showing my age here , but I remember the days when blades had a universal fit ( various lengths of course ) but all you had to do is buy the rubber pieces which would simply slide into all wiper arms tracks , regardless of make and model . Some of the more “sophisticated” cars had clips on the ends of those arms preventing the blades from shifting a little to one side or another while in operation, but that was pretty much the extent of it. No proprietary crap to deal,with, no adapters needed, nothing of the sort . But I suppose that’s not different than many other parts , like integrated lights where you can’t replace a $ 4 bulb anymore , you have to replace the entire $ 600 lights assembly , and probably another $ 400 at the dealer so they can program the ECU to recognize the replacement . Grumpy old man rant over. :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
With the invent of 'start ups' like KimBlade, (of whom i happen to be a silent investor of), all kinds of wacky designs/blade adapters have flooded and or complicated the market..... It happens to lots of inventions that have flown under the guise of "change is progress." Of which i don't always agree! :cautious: Most times, in my opinion, a product which has stood the test of time, i.e. wiper blades, umbrellas, brooms, to name a few, can very seldom be improved upon as far as form & function! With that being said....i am not above making an easy buck though :LOL:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just use Bosch or Anco, which I feel are more superior than factory ones. Works great! I don't care much about that spoiler on the driver's side blade...so I didn't even call the dealer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is absolutely NO way that I'd pay the Maserati tax for wiper blades! I bought exact fitment replacement blades that include the arms from: WiperBladesUSA.com

TricoTech blades:

19-170
19-260

$15.95 per side and they look exactly like the overpriced Maserati blades...and they're better blades.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is absolutely NO way that I'd pay the Maserati tax for wiper blades! I bought exact fitment replacement blades that include the arms from: WiperBladesUSA.com

TricoTech blades:

19-170
19-260

$15.95 per side and they look exactly like the overpriced Maserati blades...and they're better blades.

Thanks , ordering now. Exactly what I needed to hear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it just me or is our washer fluid spray laughable? Squirts out like a caulk gun onto the window instead of an actual spray pattern. Resorted to cleaning the windows myself instead of having to look at it... auto wipers always seem to just smear the grime/ bugs any way regardless of vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
Gypsy
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing