Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done or thought about adding a wing spoiler to the back of the Quattroporte?

How would it look in your opinion? I want to add a carbon fiber one.

Here's an example:

·
Registered
276 Posts
i dont think wing spoiler, but some have put carbon fiber lips to the trunk

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Anyone ever done or thought about adding a wing spoiler to the back of the Quattroporte?

How would it look in your opinion? I want to add a carbon fiber one.

Here's an example:
Since no one else has bothered (everybody worried about not being politically correct???). Well, I'm the antithesis of political correctness so here goes:
DON'T YOU DARE!!!!

I just cannot fathom how anyone would even consider such a thing.
But that's just me!:rolleyes:

And btw, why post up an example photo of a two seater sports car with a wing, and not a saloon???
Rant over.

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's what happens when these cars depreciate to the point where (ahem) those with "enough money" but no class or taste can afford to buy them! Now, with a wing spoiler example out there on the street, they will depreciate even faster!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I was just asking your opinions.
My 10 year old nephew was suggesting it because it would look like one of his matchbox/ hot wheels cars. I put some thought into it and thought it would look like one of those race track pace cars. I guess it's not a good idea, thanks for the save guys.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
A "collective" YW!
Doesn't hurt to test the idea and that's just what you did!
4sure the forum put it to you straight.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's what happens when these cars depreciate to the point where (ahem) those with "enough money" but no class or taste can afford to buy them! Now, with a wing spoiler example out there on the street, they will depreciate even faster!
+1.

The politically incorrect term "ricers" will soon be replaced with "pastas", once people with $35K-40K to spend deface these cars with such nonsense.

I only wish the resale value of these cars kept them more exclusive. Hell, when I was 24, I could have owned a used Maserati!!!! And, yes, I may have thought "you know, this car would look sick with a rear spoiler".........gheez!!!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Any car on the street with one of those big wings looks rediculous. Save it for the track only cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Make it look like the winner of the superstars series :D;)

Maserati claims title in Superstars Series with Quattroporte Evo
Exact picture I was looking for. Thanks!

Now that spoiler is huge I was thinking smaller but after all the negativity I'll just save the money and the bad press.

Although it is a sedan, it looks like a sports car, why not make it look like a racecar?

And yes I was was loking if any "pastas" existed on this forum.:laugh:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Exact picture I was looking for. Thanks!

Now that spoiler is huge I was thinking smaller but after all the negativity I'll just save the money and the bad press.

Although it is a sedan, it looks like a sports car, why not make it look like a racecar?

And yes I was was loking if any "pastas" existed on this forum.:laugh:
It's your money, do as you wish. Post some pics if/when you have it installed...good luck.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i think a lip spoiler might be more what could go on your qp. still sporty but understated.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Please do not do this, just buy the lip spoiler from Novitec Tridente!

·
Registered
64 Posts
yea... my post was with a bit of sarcasm.

I like the way the back is understated. IF I were to add a lip or spoiler it would be something like this that FD offers.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
That's what happens when these cars depreciate to the point where (ahem) those with "enough money" but no class or taste can afford to buy them!
Those who pay sticker price have no more class than those who buy the depreciated pre-owned cars. Money can't buy taste.

A spoiler would literally be a spoiler on that car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Those who pay sticker price have no more class than those who buy the depreciated pre-owned cars. Money can't buy taste.

A spoiler would literally be a spoiler on that car.

Agreed!
Almost akin to finding a way to put 24" chromes, a hydraulic lift kit, and affixing a Dub emblem on the fenders.
Sorry, IMO You just don't do such things to these cars.

·
Registered
445 Posts
to each his own.... but that being said - the QP is probably the sexiest 4-door saloon on the planet. I wouldn't think to touch those lines!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts