Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my stock Windshield Wipers replaced at an Autozone type place.

So the new windshield wipers are generic.

But the guy that replaced them gave me the origionals back.

And granted, they are pretty cool...

Then have this extra "shield" to them that makes it look cosmetically better.

So what? Do I just throw the old pair out or are they worth something - or can you just buy new "blades" for them later and stick them on later?

Basically... didn't know if "certified" Mas windshield wipers come with the "shield part"?

Or you KEEP that and just buy new blades?

Gene

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I've replaced mine with some really cool, low profile BOSCH ones and i've also kept the originals just in case.

The BOSCH are superb: very effective and silent.

Only problem is that they are just... too small (not length wise), they don't have the "wind spoiler" that the originals have so they look weird when i first installed them.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I also replaced the OEM with Bosch Icons, and personally like them, they have a sleeker look, not as bulky as the OEM. The nicer part is you cannot see them from inside the car.

I did save the OEM "just in case"... And yes, you can replace just the blades on them.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
well, the blade itself is tiny, unfortunately i kept the "hand" that sticks out of the bonnet and thats big and ugly.

maybe its possible to replace that as well?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
You guys actually drive your car in the rain!? Blasphemy.

Mine has never seen a drop of the stuff....so, I should check the blades just in case I try to use them someday and they're dry-rotted.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Blasphemy is when you buy a Maserati to drive it a few days a year...

Vincenzo, hopefully you'll sell your car to somebody who will actually enjoy the car.

If you don't drive it, why buy it? better instead to have it as a poster in your bedroom :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just happened to talk to the Parts guy at the local dealership about this yesterday. Personally, I hate futzing with the blade refills and, with previous cars, typically have sprung the $20 for a new pair of complete wipers at Kragen.

The factory wipers are actually made by Bosch and, other than the pretty Maserati checkered packaging, there is no need to pay $80 for the pair at the dealership. They do come with the little fairings attached to them, but you can get other wipers with fairings for way less. I liked the newer Icon-type wipers on my last car and will probably switch to those now.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Blasphemy is when you buy a Maserati to drive it a few days a year...

Vincenzo, hopefully you'll sell your car to somebody who will actually enjoy the car.

If you don't drive it, why buy it? better instead to have it as a poster in your bedroom :)
Nope. I drive it every chance I get - just not when there is weather. Today, my face is nice & crispy from a beautiful top-down day in sunny Virginia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.