Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where did you guys get windshield wiper blades? I've been searching online but can't find anything.

I found some at the local shop but they didn't have the slots to fit the OEM "spoilers".

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, GrndLkNtv! I ended up buying the Bosch Icon ones at a local Kragen's, they're very slick, you can't even see them from inside the car.

It's funny how the passenger and driver's sides have different lengths. Driver's 22" and Passenger's 20".

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thank you, GrndLkNtv! I ended up buying the Bosch Icon ones at a local Kragen's, they're very slick, you can't even see them from inside the car.

It's funny how the passenger and driver's sides have different lengths. Driver's 22" and Passenger's 20".

I haven't had to replace the Maserati wiper blades yet but I do put the Bosch Icon's on all of my other vehicles.. Here in Colorado I haven't found a better wiper.. Snow, rain, mud, you name it they work...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know that! I gave it a try after a guy at FChat replaced his F430's blades with the Icon and said the car looked great with them.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha! It's true, I don't. But there was one rainy day here and I found out that the passenger's side blade was in pieces, so I was affraid it was going to scratch the windshield.

·
Registered
722 Posts

Odd, the OE wiper blades on my Gransport are both about 21.5 inches long. Maybe a 22" ICON passenger blade would not conform to the windshield curvature at the bottom of the stroke.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The computer at the store showed the OEM length as being 20" for both, I tried and it was too short. Then I measured mine (driver)and it was 22", so I tried it, it looked right on driver's side but too long for passenger's, the outer tip wouldn't touch the glass when in "rest" position, so I went with 21". It still had a little gap at the end, but I was too lazy to go back to the store to exchange for the 20".

Also, the guy at FChat mentioned that the F430 uses 24" for driver and 21" for passenger, so I thought it was normal to have 2 different sizes. My OEMs were different.

And as far as I saw, there was either 21" or 22", not .5 sizes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Oops, I just bought a pair of 22" icons. Maybe I'll take one back tomorrow for a 20". Those buggers are expensive! But cool looking, minimal and have a built-in "spoiler".

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do it, the 22" on the pass. side doesn't look good.

·
Registered
722 Posts
It turns out that the 20" blade does not quite lay against the passenger side lower corner of the windshield either, but it looks OK. Probably a 21" would work as well.

I noticed after removing the OEM blades that they have thin replaceable rubber inserts like the old days, in case anyone needs to hang on to wipers that work at 175mph. Most modern wiper arms seem to have non-replaceable rubber.

I checked my OEMs again for length, they were 21.5 inches long, not 21 or 22, hmm.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought about that when I changed from the 22" to 21", it looked like it didn't make a big difference in the way the tip touched the glass. So thank you for letting me know that the 20" wouldn't change that, I feel less guilty for being lazy! I think the problem is the curvature of the windshield.

Before I bought the Icons I tried replacing the rubber only, it was hard, so I ended up replacing just one! And it seems like I didn't do it right since it didn't clean well right in the middle.. I'm saving the OEMs just in case...

Regarding the 21.5" measure, it might be an inch/cm thing, since the car is italian. 55cm = 21.65"

·
Registered
722 Posts
In case anyone reads this later, a 20" ICON blade used on the passenger side of a Gransport definitely does not clear as much of the windshield as the 21.5 inch "sprung" OEM blade. The curvature of the windshield keeps the last inch or so of the ICON blade off the passenger corner glass for about the first 6-8 inches of travel.

Otherwise ICONs seem to be great blades.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Really? I haven't used mine yet, no rain here so far.

Are you keeping them anyway?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm keeping the ICONs anyway (and would not hesitate to put them on another car) but will probably replace the OEM blades on the car to sell it next year for that "bone stock" look.

They do wipe the rain off well though.

Knowing what I know now, instead of using ICONs on the Spyder, I'd just use a pair of pliers to remove the rubber inserts from the OEM blades (while still on the car) and slip new ones in. Easy and cheap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wiper blade & arm: GranSport

Hi Friends. I have read all these posts, but no one talks about the arm itself. The arm is bend a crooked, even with a small hole in it, due to the second holding point (plastic clip), and I would think the arm looks bad using the new blade by Icon or Bosch, is that not so?
Unfortunately I broke off both plastic clips and I need new clips (anyone knows where to get?) or change the setup as you all so well have discussed and implimented.
Do anyone know if an other brand (style) arm + blade would work on our cars?
Thanks, maseratikai
GranSport

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have one broken clip too. Anyone know where to get them?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.