Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else has had the stupid problem I created for myself? I have just received a new QP and made the mistake of ordering Avorio (off-white) for all interior leather. The trouble is that the top of the dashboard is so strongly reflected in the windscreen that it is like trying to see through a haze. The dealer has quoted €8000 (I live in Europe) to replace the top with a dark leather, which I shall have to do unless one of you knows of some other solution. Grateful for any advice.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think it would be cheaper to remove the dash and have it dyed a different color, than replacing it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had asked a reputable dealer about the color options on a qp before and he told me he does not allow customers to order an avorio dash for just that reason, it is too reflective in direct sunlight and impairs your driving abilities. I'm very suprised your dealer allowed that.

You should honestly go back to the dealer and tell that the reflective dash, which came from the factory as so, is impairing your driving ability and for the sake of safety, not taste, you need them to do something about it or else they are liable if something were to happen.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
FWIW - I have same problem - white/creme leather dash. It's beautiful until you're driving on a bright, sunny day - the glare is unbelievable. Wonder if there is a way to put a polarizing film on the glass. Hmmmm....this may be the answer. One of those tint places probably has a solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts