Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my QuattroPorte detailed at a shop and when I got home I put the windows up which revealed the cracks. Does anyone know a cleaning chemical that shop may have used to clean my windows that made this happen

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I recently got my QuattroPorte detailed at a shop and when I got home I put the windows up which revealed the cracks. Does anyone know a cleaning chemical that shop may have used to clean my windows that made this happen
Could you provide a picture? By put the windows up I'm assuming you mean the door windows. Which should all be tempered glass which will only shatter into a thousand pieces and not crack. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Laminated door glass??? What in the actual hell???
If you ever have to get out of a car with laminated door glass in an emergency situation, God be with you. The typical glass break tools are usually only going to work with tempered glass. You can identify the glass type by finding the bug/stamp that is silk screened on the corner of the glass. It will say laminated or tempered.
It's clear to see just by looking at the edges of your glass that they are laminated. (2 pieces of glass that sandwich a polyvinyl layer in the middle). Laminated glass is usually only used in windshields, small back seat windows that don't roll up/down, and sometimes rear windows. For the sake of safety concerns, I would have tempered glass installed in the doors. Just my .02

6,709 Posts
I think someone tried to break in the car while it was being detailed and they feed you a line of BS to get you off their property....Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've worked with glass all my working life... those cracks were either caused by impacts to the rear edges of the windows (where the Vee shapes start) or, as others have said, someone trying to break in to your car with a jemmy

·
Registered
188 Posts
I smell something here and it's NOT cleaning chemicals. I hope your detailing shop pays for your windows, as they should.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts