Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody here had any problems with their window switches, i have already had one replaced, and now the other one is loose as well. I have only had my car for 3 months, should I start getting used to little stuff like this happen. Is this just part of owning a hand built Italian car. Oh, it is a 2006 gransport.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hmmm...

well that sucks.

i got a squeaky instrument cluster above the steering wheel....
the dealer says they make an "anti-squeak kit" hmmmm... o.k.

900 miles on my "squeaky" 06 QP sport GT.
it could be worse you could be driving a yugo.

·
Registered
835 Posts
yea...more or less along that line. however you should take it to the dealer. aren't you glad that nothing is glued in these babies?

·
Registered
530 Posts
The "chrome" rings around the air vents are flaking... they sure use plastic in some odd places for a "six figure" car.

on the other hand Maserati NA just sent me a survey card for my last service so I got to sing the praises of FMSF and vilify FMSV - made my day.

·
Registered
773 Posts
early japan!

i remember little tin cars, they used beer cans, well that's what every one in Detroit claimed. has maserati started using/falling back, surely not. how disturbing to hear comments that appear, about quality of a $100,000.00 car! maybe i/all of us need to print out all these zero's more often, does this make a greater mental impression! how serious does maserati look at poor work/engr. are the mfg. paying attention!

·
Registered
909 Posts
MrTheKid

There is an anti-squeak kit for the QP's dash cluster. We've done a couple of them so far, and it takes care of it. I think it involves some bushings in the mounting hardware of the cluster. Either way, its a pretty quick fix, and once its done you shouldn't have the squeak anymore.

Bundas;

Keep in mind, Maserati sells < 4000 cars a year, even at 100,000$ thats 400,000,000$. BMW sells over 1,000,000 cars a year, say a $40,000 average, 40,000,000,000$. There has to be some more R&D \ prototyping \ testing money in there somewhere... At leats its a squeak and not iDrive and I'll leave their "style" alone.

And yes, they are definitely paying attention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts