Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome to Mas. Life. It's really not that expensive to buy a Maserati. It's more of the maintenance costs to be honest that make it out of people's price range.

That being stated, good looks can't be bought so you have something there! Again welcome to ML.
Ha! Have you been to Beverly Hills recently? Good looks (or lack of) in Beverly Hills nowadays is truly a "money-solvable problem"!

But then who needs to spend all that money when...

"Beauty is just a light switch away"

LOL!! Sorry, I couldn't resist... :grin2:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is there any difference between the red and white slide pieces? It looks exactly the same other than color. If my cables aren't messed up maybe it can be repaired using a red clip from a bad unit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm thinking about seeing if the slides could be scanned and 3d-printed. I have a couple laying around. Any thoughts or tips around that?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'd buy one if that's all it takes to fix mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Phoenix Power Window Repair

PhoenixPowerWindowrepair . com can save you hundreds of dollars to rebuild your window regulator rather than buying a new one. 480-620-2006 call or text his name is Randy and he does a great job and has a good warranty with it too. Check him him out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all,

first of all thanks to Scot and the others for the great instructions - they encouraged me (and the dealer price...) to try it also myself (driver rear side).
First: Dealers in Germany meanwhile charge more than 500 Euros for the regulator unit.
So I was looking for alternatives and tried Lancia Thesis Driver Side Front (double glass version) Part Nr. 51755339, 200 Euros.

Look at the photo 1, regulators are ALMOST identical, but the curved rails of the Lancia are about 2 cm longer, and the positions of the screws and the motor do not fit 1:1. The motor however is identical incl. wholes (Magna Poland :grin2:, C389), also the plastic clips are the same. The wires however also have different lengths.
So I changed the motor, and orderd a repair kit (80 Euros) with the clips, the wires, springs and the plastic roll that goes in the motor unit.

Not a nice work to get the wires wired and in the motor unit, but finally it worked. I shortened the springs a little bit, so I could get the wires in more easily (last pic).

So another example what the Maserati stamp is worth (even if it's missing...): For technically quasi identical parts: Maserati 500 vs. Lancia 200...

Keep on rollin'

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just joined the club for a second time...

It is annoying the whole thing with the power windows.....

While searching for a spare part , I noticed this repair kit.
Did anybody try it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you Please state where you bought the replacement part. I need to buy two for my front LH and rear LH. Both went out. Great info much appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone shopped QP window regulators recently? Local dealer wants $500+ per window. Is there a shop in the US that sells them cheaper? Looks like prices have gone way up since this thread was started 7 or so years ago.

Are there any success stories from individuals who have gone with the aftermarket rebuild kits? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a bad experience with a rebuild kit from Amazon. I bought the complete replacement from Scuderia for $180 less than the dealer, including shipping. Ordered on Sunday and received it Wednesday.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. Scuderia is likely the route I'll take then. FWIW, the right rear regulator at the dealership was way cheaper than the rest, even less than the Scuderia price. Not sure how Maserati sets the prices of these things...

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanks. Scuderia is likely the route I'll take then. FWIW, the right rear regulator at the dealership was way cheaper than the rest, even less than the Scuderia price. Not sure how Maserati sets the prices of these things...
Frankly, I'd buy a new right rear and use it for a left rear rebuild kit lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
thanks for a wonderful
First, thanks for Josh at ECS for helping me with the parts. He saved my bacon a bit by getting a new "water shield." There is no way to get that thing off without ripping it, thin foam with SUPER sticky stuff holding it to the car.

First: DIY-How to remove front door panel

Read that. The door panel is very easy to remove, just follow the instructions.

After that you will need to disconnect the door pull, and a number of electrical connectors. They are a mix of fold over and press release connectors. The one near the front actually stays together, chase the wires to where they connect to the door. You will find a few velcro strips holding wires down. Unplug from the door itself.

First picture is the water shield. The white thing...
View attachment 15663

Next is the attachment for the door latch. Don't forget to put this back in the connector when you put the door back together... Not that I did that or anything.
View attachment 15664

Here is one of the couple slide connectors. These have a lever on the top with a stop. Push the stop in and slide the lever, the connector comes apart very easy. The other connectors are standard pressure connectors with a small latch. Make sure that when you put it all back together that the stop is in.

View attachment 15665

Sticky stuff. Get it ALL off. Takes a while but it will come off

View attachment 15666

Tape your window up. It WILL fall if you don't. (and probably shatter)
View attachment 15667

Here is the right hand side of the regulator. The old one is underneath in the door. Just to give you an idea of how it sits in the car. Notice that the motor has a bolt on it (rubber mount).

View attachment 15668

Here is the left side.

View attachment 15669

This is the left side window bolt. This needs a 10mm wiggle socket as it is at a slight angle.

View attachment 15670

Right hand side, nothing special. Just a 10mm bolt.

View attachment 15671

Here is the connector for the motor. It is just behind this portion of an interior water shield. Disconnect without removing the shield, just be careful.

So as for instructions, it is a straight forward job. There are 7 bolts/nuts to undo. Two on the left support, One on the left window connector. Then two on the right support, one on the motor and one on the right window connector. Undo all of them and your window should stay exactly where it was if you did everything right.

The regulator will come out of the bottom hole, just give it a few minutes of fiddling. Be VERY careful about the interior water shield. You can do this without damaging it.

Then slide the new regulator up and in. All of it goes in, the left hand side has two bolts on the unit right out of the box. Leave them on. Push it up and into the openings and back down (it will be obvious when you see it.) Then do the same on the right side. Make sure the galvanized metal window connectors are on the inside of the window connectors. Bolt it all down and viola. Done.

It is VERY fiddly to get it in, but it does work.

Then put everything else back together, though I would plug the two middle connectors into the door panel and turn on the car to make sure all of the electronics are working.
thanks for a great write up - this is much appreciated.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts