Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passing this along in case anyone needs to repair their window regulator pin. Left and right window pins in kit.
Looks like good quality - Made in USA. Looks like these guys may be able to help in reproducing NLA parts that our cars may need.

Maserati M138 Coupe Spyder GranSport Window Regulator Repair Pin Pair (2) | eBay

Whether your window regulator is currently broken or you would like to upgrade your regulator to avoid a window stuck in the down position, you'll be relieved to replace the delicate pot metal window regulator pin in your Maserati Coupe, Spyder, or GranSport with our 303 Stainless Steel USA-made CNC'd window repair pin.

Replacement regulators will fail over time; the solution is to replace the pin in your existing regulator.

A simple design, our BlythBros. Design pin is constructed from high-quality 303 Stainless Steel, and will not fail like the original pot metal. The fit is precise, owing to its CNC manufacturing process.

Assembly is as simple as clipping the part in using the high-quality, USA-made bowed e-clip provided with each window regulator pin.

Sold as a set (left and right side). A set takes care of an entire car - only need to order a quantity of (1) to receive a pin and e-clip for each side. If one of your window regulators has failed, it's only a matter of time before the other side fails, so we recommend replacing both at once to avoid future disappointment.

Thank you from the BlythBrosDesign.com team!
About Us

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I don't know if you're the same guy who originally made these, but if you bought the design off of him you should know that the circlip isn't strong enough to hold the arm together and will either bend or pop off. I needed to use an epoxy over the circlip to keep it in place.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, That was not me, Just came across this while looking for a replacement tail light on ebay. Looks like they need to improve the design. Did you let them know about the issue with their design ?

Seems like a Stainless Steel Disc and Large Cotter Pin instead of the clip may have been a better design.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry to hear that those pins didnt work for you. I bought a set but never used them because the pin wasn't my issue.
I spoke with the designer who resides in Michigan, and a really nice guy -- even offered to install the pins for me when he saw what I was going thru trying to get my regulator repaired during Covid. I never repaired that regulator and never could locate a Maserati replacement part so I had to use the Alfa after market regulator--which works just fine and at that time was selling for less than $200-- (just double the price of the pins.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to hear that those pins didnt work for you. I bought a set but never used them because the pin wasn't my issue.
I spoke with the designer who resides in Michigan, and a really nice guy -- even offered to install the pins for me when he saw what I was going thru trying to get my regulator repaired during Covid. I never repaired that regulator and never could locate a Maserati replacement part so I had to use the Alfa after market regulator--which works just fine and at that time was selling for less than $200-- (just double the price of the pins.)
Maybe list that Alpha part# here if you have it so we can find it if needed ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've done that several times before but here it is again:

60667936 it's for an Alfa 916. The actual part has now been replaced by an after market version that looks quite different but does the same job and plugs in with the very same motor, connectors, limit switch, bolt holes etc but the after market version needs one extra hole drilled to mount it. My installer got it a bit wrong so the travel on mine goes too far on the down cycle--slightly below the door frame which causes a rattle if I dont just blip it back up to even with the door frame, but the "dip" and everything else works perfectly and was over $1000 cheaper than the only left side genuine regulator that was even available in the whole world at the time. The difference is that the toothed "track" is a solid semi-circle piece which I believe makes it less likely to break again--(yes, I'll get around to adjusting the travel the next time I have reason to remove the door panel).
I got it on the web from a British company named Shop4Parts but I also think that Veloce in London could also get one for you. Veloce's phone is 011 4420 8275 0630 they also sell F1 replacement pumps (but get the pumps in the grey Box (Alfa) Its the same pump as the Blue box or Red box--just a lot cheaper)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts