Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver's window has been driving me crazy the last couple of weeks. One minute it works, next minute it doesn't. Completely erratic, defying all logical patterns of operation. Soooooooo into the door panel I go, AGAIN. I assumed the micro switch adjustment was good as it mirrored the operation of the passenger window. Lubrication on window tracks was adequate, absolutely no binding. While operating the window I moved the wiring to the regulator and the window stopped immediately. Pushed the connector into the regulator and the window starts operating again. Culprit found! The plug looked normal but was actually making a very loose connection. The pin contacts inside the connector were jacked...readjusted pins so they make better contact and added a touch of electrical conductive grease. Zip-tied that "mofo" to prevent connector from becoming loose again.
If your window operates intermittently, inspect the regulator plug...even if it looks fine. 馃憤
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive design

Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
Great tip Tim, thanks! Glad you got it fixed without the usual "bend me over" lube job 馃ぃ

Premium Member
2013 GT/MC SportLine Blu Sofisticato - Black w/Yellow stitching and calipers
My pleasure buddy...we got to keep 'um alive ourselves if possible!

Reactions: timado404

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim you are my hero! Happy new year my brother. Hope to have dinner soon in Atl!
Thank you and an incredible New Year to you as well. Next time we're both in the city, I definitely have a great steak with your name on it! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts