Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The window in the drivers side door doesn't clear the gasket when I open the door - the gasket still catches with about an quarter of an inch.
There are two ways to solve this: either start fiddling around with the gasket (guess that would be like readjusting the soft top) or make the window drop another inch and a half - which I believe is the easier solution?!

Question now is: Has anyone adjusted the stop for the window dip? Would be most grateful for any tips & tricks...

TIA
/F.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe it will recalibrate itself if you "reboot". Put the widows down a couple of inches, turn the key off, open the trunk and turn off the battery switch for a few seconds, turn the battery back on, turn the key on (dash indicators light up) and sit for 30 seconds, start the car and just idle for 30 seconds. Put the windows up. See if it's better.

The window gaskets tend to come unglued and sag in the curve. Could that be what's happening?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred! Tried the resetting just after I noticed the fault it and it doesn't effect the "dipping". Actually it goes down the same distance of both sides, so I'm suspecting a hardware/microswitch issue.
The seals themselfves are all A1OK still.

Thanks
/F.

·
Registered
339 Posts
you'r dealer can readjust it. Had the same problem with mine, ended up tearing the rubber seal. Get it taken care of as soon as you can as you'll eventually run into 1 of 2 problems.

1. You can get the door open, but won't close/seal because it won't dip. Stuck driving at low speed due to window sticking out

2. You tear the rubber seal at the top and then the rain water just pours in (why don't our cars have some form of rain guard above the door???)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitive answer on adjusting the micro switch

Folke,

I recently had to replace the entire lift assembly or regulator on the drivers door on my Spyder. I talked to a member of the SE Maserati club, Kai and he volunteered to help. As we were taking the door panel off another member, actually the president of TMC - Mike showed up so I just let the two take over. Bottom line the regulator I had was shot and needed to be replaced. Bought one from Eurospares (see post:http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4800) and installed it no problem. It worked but the window pop down to door open position wasn't exactly correct. I got back in touch with Kai and he got some info about the main micro switch. After removing the door panel, the switch lies behind a piece of tape over a round hole in almost the exact center of the door. You'll probably need to experiment a bit by watching the switch riding on the cam as the window goes up and down to resolve your problem but in my case the cam had to be raised up as far as possible and pushed towards the front as far as possible.

N.B.
1. When removing the door panel it would help to keep the screws in order so that they can be replaced exactly.
2. The door trim cast aluminum strip, or sometimes in carbon-fiber, needs to be replaced by putting some pressure on the middle of the strip so that both ends can be inserted and pressed into place before snapping the 2 middle tabs. If you start at one end and work towards the other you'll not be able to get the last tab inserted.
3. There are 3 clips along the top of the door that hold the interior weather strip as well as the panel itself to the door.These clips need to be on the door with the weather strip installed before pressing the panel back into position.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Guys, the microswitch CANNOT be adjusted, it is riveted onto the regulator assembly. BUT, the regulator itself is adjustable and the lift stops bolted at the top of the door are adjustable,just loosen bolts and slide around. ALSO there is a small stop/guide bracket at the top rear of the door and if it is loose or fell off the window goes up crooked catching the gasket on top or hiiting the outer molding of the B pillar.
Take the door panel off as suggested and patiently play around w/ the mounting bolts positions and stop positions,eventually the "sweet spot" will be found. And while your in there check all hardware for proper tightness. Hope this helps-Good luck---Kent

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do you have the same problem from both the inside and outside door handles?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yup, same from inside and outside handle.

Hope to get a chance to start tearing the door apart within the nearest days. Will shoot a couple of pictures and make a write-up. Wish me luck!

/F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts