Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, The noise on my drivers side window is getting too annoying for me so after much thought and a few measurements. i have come up with the following theory.

The passenger window drops about 1 inch when the door opens. and it seals fairly well (not 100% but pretty good seal for a convertible). However the drivers door only drops about 3/8 of an inch barley clearing the rubber molding, and when it goes up I can feel the door bulging as the window seems to be jamming tight into the roof.

therefore I think what is happening is the upper limit adjustment is two high, and the window is 'cocked' on the forward part of the glass (the whistle is in the back). So i think the glass is angled 'up' rather than 'level' and this is causing the jam and bulge, and creating the gap in the rear of the door.

So.. with that said i've seen somewhere the door disassembly instructions but i cant find anywhere on the adjustment of the glass or what must be position sensors to gap the window when the door opens.

Anyone with any experiences in this area?

Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hurst it is actually a manual roller micro switch if you pull the door panel it is under some black sealant in the central section of the door. there is a single nut holding a ramp that comes in contact with a wheeled microswitch

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect, that's what I was looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts