Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle with me.

I take delivery of a Gransport on the 1st March (new reg in the U.K) and have specced it up to the hilt. I am coming from owning a 2003 996 Coupe and have really been looking forward to owning the Gransport. I first read about it in Evo and was looking for a change from the terrible Porsche customer service. I still have a V8 Cayenne S, but hey ho, I could not go to an X5 or ML (sorry to those of you that own one of these).

Anyway, the major concern I had and have is the resale/residual value of these cars. The only comparison I have is the Coupe where you can pick up a 2004 (54) car for under £50K from a Maserati dealer. As I normally move to another model every 18 months, this is a cause of concern.

Having found out that Maserati will no longer be under the Ferrari wing and will be under direct control via Fiat, will this have an impact on the values even further? Remember perception is reality and Fiats are not known for keeping their values.

I was impressed that Maserati was under Ferrari and shared a lot of components, build quality etc etc and benefitted from the resultant kudos value here. Now I am really worried that I will not be able to get the parts/service I may need due to the inevitable mess/confusion in changing over to different manufacturers systems etc and what the whole effect of this sale will have on the marque and future values.

So anyone have any thoughts as my immediate thought here is to not take delivery of the car and get something else.

I look forward to peoples thoughts.

Regards,

Stuart.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Isn't it all just an accounting wheeze? Stops Maserati dragging down the Ferrari bottom line.

Also, the reality is that Maserati depreciate pretty heavily in the UK, much more than Porsches, but hey you'll have more fun, right?

Is your 1 March car a definite? Did you nab my delivery slot (only kidding)? Did you? (no really I'm only kidding)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke to the dealer yesterday who stated that it was built and will be @ the dealership before the end of Feb but they will hold it until the start of March to take advantage of the new registration number (05).

He offered up the info, I did not even ask or press him on the subject, so I am assuming its true.

Now i've just got to get rid of the 996!!!!

Stuart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts