Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in buying the QP Sport GT....I would like to wait and buy a Maseratti QP with a 5.7lt V12 if they launch it. Is this going to happen?:)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i would imagine that there is no motivation to do a V12 now, considering the V8 has been doing well. the 'upgrade' or 'improvement' will be the 7 speed AT for 2007.

a V12 QP will be disaterous to the 612 sales, don't you think? granted a v12 QP will carry a premium like all other V12 MB or BMW's over their V8 counterparts. I love to see one, but if I am paying close to $160k+ i might as well go for an Aston Martin Rapide when it comes out.

a V12 QP is not going to give a big boost in sales volume the company is looking for.

·
Registered
835 Posts
M! said:
...a V12 QP will be disaterous to the 612 sales, don't you think?...
I agree with M.

Maserati has been very careful of not stepping on its big bothers toes since '96. So, it's a good idea but not realistic in the near term.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your opinions! If Maseratti does not do a V-12 it would have been nice to see the QP - Sport GT with a power upgrade to 430-450hp. It would then be able to compete with the likes of the BMW M's and the Mercedes AMG's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
randy
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing