Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm already running 285/30/19s on 10" BBS's. I found a sweet deal on some 295s and also I'd like a taller sidewall so I can stop bending my rims. Will 295 fit on the 10" wheel. I believe its on .4" difference in width.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm already running 285/30/19s on 10" BBS's. I found a sweet deal on some 295s and also I'd like a taller sidewall so I can stop bending my rims. Will 295 fit on the 10" wheel. I believe its on .4" difference in width.
even if a 295 would physically fit, it would cup due to the sides being pinched by a narrow wheel. You would get less life and much less traction and it may not be safe. You should have a 10.5 inch wheel for anything over 285 in that low of profile. You could go with a 35 series which will give you more sidewall but it may be too much.

You should look into the Vredastain or Bridgstone lines as they typically have more rubber and are actually built to the maximum of the size. You must remember that all tires of the same size are not necessarily the same. More tread and build as in these brands will provide a better ride and more safety for your rims.

good luck,
Robb

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll look into those. 285/35 rubs when you hit a big enough bump although it does look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks. I'll look into those. 285/35 rubs when you hit a big enough bump although it does look better in my opinion.
The 285 35 should not rub at stock height. You can go to a 275/35 which will only put the tolp half or your tire .47 " closer than stock to the wheel well if you like. That shoud not rub at all.

I run 275/30-19 and my car is lowered 2 " and I never rub.

The other option is a tire like Vredestain which is actually designed by the designer of the Maserati coupe FOR the maserati coupe and AMG series cars. These tires in a 285/30 will have more tread, and be a little taller which will solve you issues.
Robb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts