Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've not been keen about my 06 GS: the stock 235/265 tires look a little skinny and too-tighly stretched onto the bead with the stock rims, kind of like a lowrider but without the cool paint.

My office partner just received his new 997CS and the same 30/35 series tires on his 19" rims look great, wide enough without looking stretched out to the bead.

So I gotta keep up.

I was thinking to try 245/275 tires (+10mm width over stock), keeping the same 35/30 aspect ratio, on my stock rims. This would give them about 5mm more bulge over the bead. It also might save me a minor curb rash or two.

Any experience or advice?

TIA, Deane

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i can see what you are saying.

some tires with the same dimensions actually looks better with a slightly straighter sidewall (less stretched look) and supposedly some are called 'rim protectors' almost.

check out that p zero hero to see if they have the up size you mention.

·
Registered
518 Posts
your issue in keeping the same sidewall ratio is that your speedo will read off since you have a larger then stock rolling diameter

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your issue in keeping the same sidewall ratio is that your speedo will read off since you have a larger then stock rolling diameter
I think the speed error would only be about 0.3 * (275mm-265mm) / (about 12") or about 1%. My speedo usually reads high anyway, like 85 on the freeway ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts