Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm a new member

I'm in the process of replacing my wife's car (Grand Cherokee SRT) and I been shopping around for a while.
We been very happy with the GC so I was interested in the Trackhawk then we did look at the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio (a hoot to drive but just too small for us) and the Levante GTS.
Things got interesting when I compared the Trackhawk with the Levante...with the Jeep good luck getting a decent discount all I can get is 5% off MSRP (I been shooting for 12% off, I always been able to get my car for at least that).
When I make my offer, the Jeep dealerships I dealt with (all around the West Coast) do not even ask for my phone number and I lost already 6 or 7 cars (3 of them during the so called Coronavirus crisis). When a Jeep dealer get a Trackhawk it does not stay long in the showroom (unless it has undesirable options), one or two months max and it's gone
The Levante is a total different story....one local Alfa/ Maserati dealer call me often to try to make a deal on the GTS and is already advertised for almost 20K off. The Levante is clearly more polished and nice inside not to mention the roar of the Ferrari V8. In the end I would spend more money compared to my budget for the TH but it would be a massive discount off MSRP (which theoretically would soften the hit to depreciation compared to the Trackhawk) for a clearly superior car...so what is the story?? Are these cars basically drop in value worse than anything else int he segment?? Is maintenance a nightmare?? Why such beautiful SUV needs so much incentive to move?? There is a beautiful black GTS heavily discounted that has been sitting at a local dealership for at least 6 months where I lost 6 or 7 Trackhawks to people willing to pay close to MSRP for them.

Thank you!

Regards

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wife loves her Levante S
moere so than her mercedes ml63 that we sold
great BARGAINS on these (ours was 95k msrp had 6k miles we paid 52k)
great buy used

i'll add i love my Maser GT MC convert great car it's a 2015

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think there's simply a bigger market for Jeep than for Maserati, especially when it comes to SUVs. The benefit of the Maserati is it's name and heritage, hence the price. There's likely more room to negotiate to sell a Levante over a Jeep which is more likely to sell quickly. I don't know much about the trackhawk and it's market or price but that would be my guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there, I'm a new member

I'm in the process of replacing my wife's car (Grand Cherokee SRT) and I been shopping around for a while.
We been very happy with the GC so I was interested in the Trackhawk then we did look at the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio (a hoot to drive but just too small for us) and the Levante GTS.
Things got interesting when I compared the Trackhawk with the Levante...with the Jeep good luck getting a decent discount all I can get is 5% off MSRP (I been shooting for 12% off, I always been able to get my car for at least that).
When I make my offer, the Jeep dealerships I dealt with (all around the West Coast) do not even ask for my phone number and I lost already 6 or 7 cars (3 of them during the so called Coronavirus crisis). When a Jeep dealer get a Trackhawk it does not stay long in the showroom (unless it has undesirable options), one or two months max and it's gone
The Levante is a total different story....one local Alfa/ Maserati dealer call me often to try to make a deal on the GTS and is already advertised for almost 20K off. The Levante is clearly more polished and nice inside not to mention the roar of the Ferrari V8. In the end I would spend more money compared to my budget for the TH but it would be a massive discount off MSRP (which theoretically would soften the hit to depreciation compared to the Trackhawk) for a clearly superior car...so what is the story?? Are these cars basically drop in value worse than anything else int he segment?? Is maintenance a nightmare?? Why such beautiful SUV needs so much incentive to move?? There is a beautiful black GTS heavily discounted that has been sitting at a local dealership for at least 6 months where I lost 6 or 7 Trackhawks to people willing to pay close to MSRP for them.

Thank you!

Regards
Personally I think it's a sign that Maserati/Alfa Romeo is clearly struggling to sell their cars despite the gobs of money FCA has invested in those two brands. Their products are just not moving.... Why? I think you hit a key points here. Consumers expect them to be maintenance nightmares and the depreciation you get with these cars is second to none. Bad reputation is a hard stain to get rid of and the markets have clearly made that clear.

I've been looking at a couple of Levante Trofeos with 170k+ MSRPs. Both have around 3-4k miles on them and dealers are asking for $100-110k and they haven't moved in about 2-3 months. The MSRP on a new reasonably-equipped Levante S is over $111k. Can you imagine a lightly used Cayenne turbo selling for less than a new S?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think FCA is trying to make Maserati into something it's not, a mass market vehicle.

Add to that there is perception that Maserati's are unattainable or something. I admittedly live in a wealthy neighborhood (I have the house that the next owner will tear down :) ), so its not like they couldn't afford a maserati, in fact I dare say after the Escalade, G-Wagon is probably the next most popular car, which is way more than a levante. That said I get so many comments from people walking their dogs about my cars. It's almost as if they have never looked at the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts