Maserati Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4200 GT
6 Posts
AFAIK the FD kit is allegedly made in conjuction with Brembo. I bought my car and it had the FD 6-piston Brembo setup but I thought it came like that from factory despite reading a lot about the car prior.
Blimey- you lucked out there..!
Over £3K of braking parts ( of course, Im sure there must be a few of us that dont require 'more' oil or 'more' braided lines or necessarily want pads either - retailers huh !!?!) but the brakes must make a huge difference to the stopping power & feel...!
Of course, it means you MUST have 19" rims fitted. as the FD Brembo set up wont play inside a standard for 4200, ergonomically superior (IMO) , 18" wheel...?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve got a GS so yeah they are 19s. As for the stopping power, the car was in derelict shape so I think the brakes are in need of a service which it will be getting this week.

I’m sure a sorted set of this 6 pistons will have incredible stopping power.

The car also also had other FD products like the Paddle Shifters, ECM and DBW, I’ve emailed FD and they confirmed a few items using the vehicle’s VIN. In the next few weeks I’ll see if it has anything else to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is disapointing you are raking over old coals, so I will take a moment to have the right of reply. The proprietary information you think should have been be shared with you is covered under a non disclosure agreement which means that even if I wanted to, I couldn't. This is a standard legal framework which is used to protect the intellectual property of both parties in a supply agreement. If others are willing to share their information that is their business and not a reason why I should. There are many members both here on ML and on SM who have benefited from assistance provided over many years, I doubt they would share the view that we are difficult or unhelpful.

That we have chosen to partner with a long established manufacturer who supplies many other customers under their own brands means that we can be sure that there is a reputation and strong insurance backing behind the supply of the parts. I am sure that everyone can appreciate that this is for the benefit of both customers and the supplier. That we have also spent a great deal of time and money in real world testing prior to offering the parts to forum members should also be noted, the clear intent here is to make sure that what is offered is up to the task and prevent unnecessary risk. For the record, rear rotors are available at this time.

Anyone reading the messages between us can clearly see that we were both polite in our responses and reasonable in explanation. Given that you started by questioning the cost and then asked questions around the details of the rotors suggested to us that your questions were probably not an attempt to verify the design, but to use it as a basis for your own work. At this point it seemed pointless to continue the discussion, so we didn't.

It is a credit to you that you have done the work you have, knowing the time and effort that goes into this it should be commended. However that you feel the need to denigrate others in an attempt to give credence to your own work is a shame and has no basis in fact. We clearly have a difference in our approach to such things, but the world is long and wide enough for there to be space for both.

As such I wish you all the best for the future.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
It is disapointing you are raking over old coals, so I will take a moment to have the right of reply. The proprietary information you think should have been be shared with you is covered under a non disclosure agreement which means that even if I wanted to, I couldn't. This is a standard legal framework which is used to protect the intellectual property of both parties in a supply agreement. If others are willing to share their information that is their business and not a reason why I should. There are many members both here on ML and on SM who have benefited from assistance provided over many years, I doubt they would share the view that we are difficult or unhelpful.

That we have chosen to partner with a long established manufacturer who supplies many other customers under their own brands means that we can be sure that there is a reputation and strong insurance backing behind the supply of the parts. I am sure that everyone can appreciate that this is for the benefit of both customers and the supplier. That we have also spent a great deal of time and money in real world testing prior to offering the parts to forum members should also be noted, the clear intent here is to make sure that what is offered is up to the task and prevent unnecessary risk. For the record, rear rotors are available at this time.

Anyone reading the messages between us can clearly see that we were both polite in our responses and reasonable in explanation. Given that you started by questioning the cost and then asked questions around the details of the rotors suggested to us that your questions were probably not an attempt to verify the design, but to use it as a basis for your own work. At this point it seemed pointless to continue the discussion, so we didn't.

It is a credit to you that you have done the work you have, knowing the time and effort that goes into this it should be commended. However that you feel the need to denigrate others in an attempt to give credence to your own work is a shame and has no basis in fact. We clearly have a difference in our approach to such things, but the world is long and wide enough for there to be space for both.

As such I wish you all the best for the future.
I'm quoting this in case your do what your friend does and like editing messages. I'm also screenshotting it in case Matt again put pressure on a mod here to edit my posts. I'll come back to the 'mY rIgHt tO rEplY', but I think the fact you put pressure on mods here to edit what I have said should really set the stage for that discussion.

Now, you might come here thinking 'Huzzah! I can trump him with my NDA' but had you just said that info is under an NDA I would've just thought you were very silly for signing an NDA on publicly available information and let it go. And in most parts of the world (and I know for a fact that in the UK this is the case as the nature of my previous work means I've signed NDAs in lots of countries) and NDA can be nullified if the information it is protecting is 'otherwise publicly or freely available', so if you wish to get out of it ask a lawyer.

The key takeaway from this is that the rotors are not AP. Thank you for confirming that. That you don't disclose who the manufacturer is though still comes across as supremely dodgy.

I never said you were being impolite, and I was never impolite.

The first thing I asked was 'eta and cost' - you know, the things that people would ask if they wanted to buy something? :rolleyes: I mean I literally asked you if I could just buy the hat and source the rotor locally to save on shipping. But sure, my master plan the whole time was to corner the lucrative 2-piece brake rotor setup in my spare time between my job and trying to get into med school...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
As for your RiGhT tO rEpLy - where is my right to reply?

Just to recap the story for anyone who is unaware - the Sportsmaserati forum banned me after I complained about one of their sponsors ripping me off. I sensed something was up when the owner Matt Yates (conaero) started editing old comments, and so I went heavy and screenshotted at much as I could before he banned me. So if anyone would like to make up their own mind I'm happy to share.

The reason I was banned I cannot confirm, but my suspicion still remains that Matt used my complaint to leverage SopranoStu to pay back money he owed Matt. Once he got that money, he banned me so I couldn't continue to complain. They then went on to slander me in my original thread, and they put pressure on a mod here to edit my comments even though I wasn't on their forum. So if you actually care about the right to reply and not just your right to reply then maybe you can talk to your forum owner about unbanning me? Maybe you can talk him into apologising for intentionally trying to make it look like I was lying about Stu. Maybe you can go through and remove comments that slander me on the build thread? Maybe you can go and remove your comments trying to imply that what I'm doing is unsafe when you won't even disclose who holds the insurance on the parts you sell?

After they banned me they made a little post announcing I was banned which you can see right here. Now of course, Matt knew what I said was true as he had been helping me with it for the last few months (and I again reitterate I saved all the conversations so can show you this).

But the best part of all of this, the absolute cherry on top, is that after they did this guess who they quietly removed from the forums as well?

That's right, they removed SopranoStu but didn't make an announcement about that did they?

So where is my right to reply @Zep? Are you going to bully a moderator here into editing this comment as well, or is that just something Matt does?

Where is my right to reply to this? Damn right I'll share whatever I need to disprove your slander. And warned by ML? Well I messaged the owners here and they had no idea what he was on about.

What about this - multiple people messaged that the thread had been continued and Matt deleted them?

So yeah - dragging old coals my a r s e. This is current.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It is a credit to you that you have done the work you have, knowing the time and effort that goes into this it should be commended.

But after all that - I stand by what I opened with, which is that I just want to see a long term permanent solution. So I'll settle for a private apology from you, a public stickied apology from Matt and getting unbanned. If you do that then I would still be happy to share the rear brake solution so that you can make a full front and rear setup. I'll help people out if they ask, but selling rotors has never been my goal. I know you and Matt are convinced that I want to make money from this, but as hard as it may be for you to grasp, I really just wanted to make some interesting content for youtube - you know, a hobby.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I won’t be entering into a war of words with you on this.

My reply stands on its own and is specifically related to the comments you have made regarding the safety of the professionally designed and tested products. Your opinion of the contractual arrangements is taken under advisement.

Regarding the other matters you raise, no doubt the good people of the Maserati owning community can make their own judgement, safe in the knowledge that there are two sides to every story.

As I say, I wish you well in the future.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
You're a funny man @Zep! I like how you're here to show there are "two sides to every story", on an unedited conversation that shows both sides, allowing people to make up their own mind... It is almost like you wish there was only one side. Oh wait, that is exactly what you guys want and tried to do! What coincidence! :rolleyes: It all comes across very hollow when you guys literally removed me so I couldn't reply - you don't actually care about their being two sides, you care that people can see one side and agree with you. There won't be any dodgy conversations popping out about me that I will need to come out and defend, I wonder why that is?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts