Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to sell my 2004 Cambiocorsa. It's champagne, with black interior and red trip with 22k miles. I got the soft touch controls replaced and put a Tubi exhaust on it. But that's beside the point. So I run my CarFax and see the car's worth $29k private party and $33k dealer. I then check out the J.D. Powers National Appraisal Guide (nadaguides.com) and see that the low retail is $33k, average is $38k, and high is $42k. So WHY is everyone selling their 2002-2005 Maserati GT and Spyders for $20-$25k??? Are we that desperate to get rid of them that we'll take anything? I'd like to get what it's worth, but the lowball prices are preventing everyone from getting close to value.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
3,299 Posts
That's not how economics work. The seller doesn't set the value and third parties certainly don't. Buyers set the price. You can ask $1,000,000 for your car if you want to, but that doesn't set the market value at a million dollars. The car is only worth what the market will pay, and right now it's a lot less than those third parties say. If they were truly too low, they would just get immediately purchased and resold for more.

·
Registered
148 Posts
NADA is notoriously high on a lot of makes and models. That said, if you have the right car with the right color, options, miles and perfect condition, people will always pay more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts